TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 November 2016
*I apologize in advance that this review does not talk about the normal features of this device. Hopefully some people will still find this useful, as I will discuss an unusual issue and possible solutions. The other reviews already discuss the main usability features of this tool.* What I can add is, it's not very accurate, and while it's pretty thick and feels durable, it does not feel at all professional, which is to be expected, as it's a DIY-intended item. Overall I do love the design for allowing an easy-to-use solution for both holding the material and keeping the jigsaw fairly straight. Easy and fast to set up, although does require a fairly large storage space.

Use with "blue" tools?
When ordering I knew this is not intended for the blue (professional) series of Bosch jigsaws, but two other people said that their blue jigsaw was able to fit (one in the Amazon questions area and one on Youtube), so I ordered this to try. My cordless GST 18v-Li does not fit on this, as the jigsaw base is too wide. I think the other people were using a corded blue jigsaw, or possibly a jigsaw from an older series. See below for possible adapting ideas.

Adapting a blue jigsaw?
*(Warning: Do any of this at your own risk. Obviously any modification or improper use of a power tool can be very dangerous!)*
The internal width of the guide track on the Saw Station is 69mm, too small for my blue jigsaw. The options I though of are:
1. The external width of the track is 73.5mm, exactly the same as the external width of my blue jigsaw with the black plastic plate/sole removed from the bottom. So to make this work all I need to do is attach two thin flat pieces of material to the outside of the Saw Station's track, and use my jigsaw without the plastic plate which is perfectly fine.
2. I could make an adapter from wood, which would be more time consuming.
3. I could flip the plastic piece, the cutouts on the inside (see photo) fit absolutely perfectly to the Saw Station's guides. This would require cutting small notches from the plastic on all four corners. Flipping this is not difficult but takes a minute, so I don't think this is the option I'll go with. I guess you could keep it always flipped for use when doing round cuts as well, but then it would require further modifications to allow the bolts to be flat with the base while it's flipped.
With option 1, 2 or 3 the jigsaw would be slightly higher than intended, so a slightly longer blade would be needed for some materials, and I won't be able to use the little lift-up red area for angled cuts, only the main degree adjustment of the large part of the track.
4. I could cut off the metal sides of the Saw Station's guide and reattach them slightly lower on the metal base of the guide, which would allow for exactly the same usability as a green jigsaw, but would obviously void the warranty, so for now I won't do this.
5. Buy a green jigsaw. Approx £37.

Price:
I paid £62 shipped by Amazon, which is £12 more than a brand new (basic/budget) mitre saw, so in my opinion this product is really overpriced with an RRP of £70 or so. Personally I don't think I would ever use a cheap £50 mitre saw unless I was sure it's well made and safe, but I was considering spending about £112 for a new Bosch (green series) mitre saw. The reason I chose the Saw Station is that I really prefer how much quieter, cleaner and safer (in my opinion) a jigsaw is compared to any huge saw going at 5000rpm. I am only a home-user in a studio flat (with a cat too), so safety, noise and amount of dust are all an issue. From reading the reviews on the Bosch mitre saw I have no doubts that it's a far better tool, but it's just not suitable for me right now.

I hope someone finds this useful. Feel free to ask me questions in the comments below.
review image review image review image
on 3 January 2016
Needs one star to change the ratings. This is not a precision tool, and therefore fails its primary purpose.

- Forget the fit of the slider with the specified Jigsaws
- Forget the play between the sections
- Forget the lack of right-height block to prop up longer bits of wood
- Forget the gap between the slider and the wood you are cutting making it hard to hit a mark

**All** you need to know about this product is that it fails to hold the angle you set prior to cutting. If Bosch had set this up to lock at either 45 or 90 degrees, it would be so much better/more useful. Instead they have attempted to give it 180 degrees of motion with a not-fit-for-purpose tightening knob, Reality is, even with a precise approach, fresh blade, and strong grip, this thing fails to hold an angle whilst cutting, especially between cuts where you retighten the clamp.

Far better off spending the money on clamps and a spirit level with a straight edge. You'll get more flexible tools and better results.
on 29 January 2015
Very disappointing. The first one arrived covered in sawdust and with the locking lever rotating on its spindle, making it impossible to release the guide-rail/clamp. Amazon supplied a replacement very speedily.

The first real problem, as mentioned in other reviews, is that the guide rail is 1mm wider than the jigsaw baseplate. The result is that it is almost impossible to keep the jigsaw properly aligned through the cut. I had to use some thick tape along one side to tighten this up, but it isn't very satisfactory.

Also, despite being properly aligned on the 0-degree mark and being careful to keep the jigsaw aligned on the edge of the guide, the actual cut was 2 degree out. Ok, that can be adjusted for, but it means having to make calibration cuts every time.

While this is a reasonably useful rough-and-ready tool, it is not a precision tool by any means and I can't see me using it for making mitre joints.
on 30 March 2015
Took a while to get this tool to work properly. It does not cut square. The material being cut has to be squared up by eye to enable an accurate 90' cut. Once this is worked out it serves as a good portable vice to clamp material for cutting. I have not yet tried to miter or cut other angles. I expect I will have to draw the angle on the material and position it by eye in the tool to get an accurate and true angle. I find this disappointing; as the tool is advertised as able to facilitate the cutting of exact angles just by setting the material in place with the cutting track set at the desired angle. This tool does not work as like this or as it is advertised.
on 2 December 2014
got it for mitreing skirting boards,no chance,BUT,still good for cutting straight edges!!
Not what it said on the tin,but,it could be me being thick!!! Although got a joiner to have a go,and he couldnt fathom it out either!!!
on 4 October 2015
Crude but useful. Not as good as a proper mitre saw
on 29 May 2017
Fantastic
on 22 June 2015
Nothing lake as accurate as I had hoped a) because of the play in the guide (bigger than the jigsaw base). b) Locking post is also not at 90deg to base and all cuts are not vertical .
on 14 May 2017
Great
on 25 October 2012
There were mixed reviews when I bought this and I wasn't sure how it would perform. Now that I've had it for a while I think it's quite useful. You have to remember that it does use a Jig Saw! These saws are notorious for going off line and for the bottom end of the saw blade doing its own thing as you guide the top bit that you can see carefully through the wood.

It was very useful for cutting lots of planks for cladding my shed and for cutting the framework pieces too. It does provide an extra hand holding the wood as you cut. Its 90 degree cuts are OK but as the wood gets wider or thicker then there's more chance that it will vere off during the cut. Patient, slower cuts with the Jigsaw resting along the side of the guide seem best.

It's not a tool that gives the accuracy to make furniture but for general purpose cutting it keeps the Jigsaw nearer the line than you would do freehand.