on 16 November 2015
Excellent. Hoya Filter - Perfect for Canon 10-18. No negative effects to the image quality.
5 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 18 June 2017
Very pleased with my purchase of a Hoya UV filter
An excellent well made good quality filter, good value for money, and as always a good price and quick delivery from Amazon, recommended buy
One person found this helpful
on 6 February 2014
Nice quality, low profile filter. I've purchased lots over the years, purely for lens protection. Some photographers will tell you not to use a filter as it degrades the image. I've found this to be true on the odd occasion, (like the sun at an acute angle). A lens hood soon cures this. Protects against the accidental, but inevitable touch with a finger, or from sea spray etc. Scratch it and it's relatively cheap to replace, unlike the front element of the lens. If you want to resell the lens at any time, the filter has helped keep the front element in pristine condition.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 June 2012
In addition to its intended function, to remove the effects of atmospheric haze from interfering with your photography and adding an overall blue cast to the image, this will act as protection for the front element which is otherwise exposed.

If raining, it will prevent ingress of water as few lenses are now weatherproofed and if windy, it will prevent any grit from damaging the lens and affecting its performance. Replacing a damaged UV filter is considerably less expensive than replacing a damaged lens no matter what the lens and its price.

Basically, worth its weight in gold.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2016
I buy these uv filters as a form of lens protection. I've clipped a few lenses against stuff & these filters have broke but left my lenses & their optics in pristine condition. I've never had a problem with the Hoya filters degrading image quality (it's all about the cleaning). And they are cheaper than a new lens or an insurance claim
on 8 May 2014
I wasn't sure if I needed a UV filter after reading the reviews but decided to try it out. I haven't notice a lot f difference with picture quality as yet but as someone pointed out one good reason for buying and using is to protect that expensive lens you have. It certainly saved mine. I was shooting bluebells with camera on tripod. I turned away for a second when the tripod fell over into luckily, grass. However on checking camera later found small scratch on UV filter I had fitted. If I didn't have my UV Filter attached no doubt my lens would have been scratched. I have therefore learned my lesson and although only a small scratch I can at least take it off for special photo's. No harm done to camera lens, therefore a small but worthwhile expense.
on 27 June 2017
Hoya have been making camera lens filters for years and its always the brand that I trust to protect my lenses and improve the images.
One person found this helpful
on 27 May 2018
This is a good filter however unlike other filters I have bought it was quite fiddly to fit to the lens not easily engaging with the threads on the filter.
on 17 January 2016
For digital cameras the only real reason to purchase this filter is to protect the lens only. Hoya is a trusted brand that I have used without deviation for the past 30+ years - dependable quality. However purchasing a Hoya lens protector if you can find one at the size required would be the right choice in my opinion.
on 22 March 2018
nicely made product , crystal clear , i purchased as a lens protector , some years ago i wrecked a £200 lens cleaning blow sand particles off of it .. lesson learnt !