Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 15 January 2010
The Fureys are the best band I have heard for a long time.It is Irish music at its best and has a feelgood factor throughout.I would reccomend them to everyone.I will certainly buy more of the Fureys music.
on 11 December 2010
Terry Wogan on Radio 2 recommended this album. It is totally mind-blowingly beautiful. Each track is a joy to listen to. Raspingly, magical Irish traveller voices with beautiful lyrics - just makes me want to weep with joy whenever I listen to it. I fell victim to being in a snow-induced gridlock traffic jam for 4 hours recently and put it on to relieve the stress - it worked !! I just love it and would recommend it to anyone. 'Steal Away' is my all-time favourite and I challenge any listener not to cry from the pit of the stomach.
on 9 April 2014
I bought the Fureys LP years ago and now don't use it because of course we have moved on to CDs and other. Well after hearing another song of theirs on the radio, I couldn't bear it any longer and bought this. Aaahhh lovely! Good value. They seem hard to get hold of on CD and expensive. I have given 4 stars because I found another cd elsewhere with just a couple of extra songs on and they are lovely too. This one would get the 5 star. Beyond compare if you like this stuff of dreams and imagination.
on 6 September 2011
had this on tape years agobyut lost it somewhere. this cd is better sound quality and well worth searching net for.
on 22 November 2013
I had not heard much of the fureys-although many years ago I had a cassette of irish folk-many artists one of which was the fureys and the track "the green fields of france-what a beautiful sad song. I was glad to see it on this cd. when you were sweet 16 I heard on the terry wogan radio show many years ago. I like all the tracks but I think people should buy it for the green fields of france as 2014 is the centenary of the 1st war and that is what the song is all about. BUY IT --you wont regret it.
on 28 June 2014
This has got to be one of my best purchases yet I love it!. It is a very touching album but a must have in my honest opinion. The album came on the day stated great service again from Amazon and the seller. Thank you to you both.
on 8 May 2016
Great collection of great songs - wonderfully performed - BUT this disc does not play happily on all my players, which is annoying though not a disaster. And-strangely- the insert does not have the name of the disc nor artist printed on the spine.
Banshee Records Ltd., Dublin - Look out, I will be in touch.
on 18 September 2012
brilliant album from the Fureys. first time i heard it in full, i cried. i recently say Finbar on a tv programme singing some of the songs and it was wonderful listening to him. if you have to sum up this album as said at the start of the review - brilliant
on 14 June 2014
Whether or not you are a Fureys fan as I am, if you like folk music you will LOVE this!
on 24 April 2013
I love this CD and play it lots. They are a great band and deliver well. However I find that I bought this CD under the title-The Fureys & Davy Arthur Gallipoli. It is not always possible to view the song list prior to purchasing and I thought that I was buying a different CD to the one I have. Unfortunately I now have 2 CD the same and this has happened to me before when I purchased a Corrie CD. For this reason unless the song list is viewable prior to purchase I will not buy another CD from Amazon.