Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now

Format: Baby Product|Change
Price:£25.40+ Free shipping

on 4 October 2010
I thought it was important to submit a review for this product as I really struggled to find a baby monitor on the basis of the current reviews on the site. It seems that any baby monitor on sale has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so it is really hard to actually make a decision.

I chose this product because it was actually recommended by a different retailer, and I thought it was worth taking a gamble because it is a good price. It is also small (rather than these ridiculously large base units that seem to be dominating the market) and it is simple - all you really need is a unit that relays the sound of a crying baby isn't it?

We live in a rural building with slightly odd electrics, and have always had buzzy monitors in the past. This is clear as a bell which is great. I haven't anything to say about the build quality, nothing is irritating about the product.

It is worth mentioning that the monitor only cuts in if it 'hears' a sound and then that sound is maintained, so I thought it wasn't working at first. This means that you can't hear your baby breathing if that's important to you (it was for our first baby, but a bit more confident with number 2 so not necessary!). The unit also appears to have a slightly smaller range than our very old Tomy unit, but I'm talking about range outside of the house.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Since posting the review I see that people say you can't change the sensitivity - I can on my unit... you just press the 'up' arrow to increase the sensitivity and the 'down' arrow to decrease it. Although I can't hear my children breathing (as I could with my older monitor) I can hear them when they are making quiet sounds. Maybe those people who can't hadn't discovered the sensitivity controls.
33 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2010
After my bt monitor broke after 15 months i decided to get something a bit more simple and cheaper. This monitor is perfect. It's so easy to use and the sound quality is fine. If your after something of good quality without all the added extras eg singing songs, night lights, talk back etc, this is perfect and a lot cheaper!
on 26 January 2011
My wife and I love this monitor. Good looking and very reliable. Also has good range and very clear reception

Highly recommended
on 22 February 2011
Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, couldnt ask for more.

I must highlight that it IS stable/steady, i have no idea how some people could think its not? Prehaps they live on a boat?
on 30 September 2011
As has been mentioned it only cuts in when it hears a sound, so you can't hear when your baby is moving around or if she's gone to sleep, and particularly it would be nice to hear how your baby's breathing when she's sick. Also big shock if you're half asleep and it suddenly cuts in to your baby screaming, it doesn't seem at all sensitive to whimpering prior to a scream. I'm not a paranoid mother, but one night with this monitor and a baby whose feeling poorly and i'm never going to use it again.
on 13 July 2011
We bought this monitor as it was cheap and we shouldn't need one for much longer now, but it's a bit too basic really. You can't change the sensitivity and you can't put the sound on mute whilst leaving the lights on. We're used to being able to do both these things and they're actually very useful. I would spend a little extra and get a Phillips Avent which lasted us for years.
on 22 December 2011
This is a good value product. But as I said, its a "value" product. The base unit is wired (needs a power connector - supplied), the remote unit is wireless (battery powered). The battery longevity for the remote (parent) unit is average. The volume on parent unit is good enough, you have to be attentive, but good enough.
Areas of improvement :
- Base unit (baby unit) could be wireless, so your baby could sleep "away" from a power socket
- Battery life could be better (Li-polymer anyone ?)
- Volume on the remote unit (parent unit) could be louder
on 14 November 2013
The two units sense each other OK and the monitoring unit does relay the sounds picked up by the monitored unit. The big, big problem is the level of sound output by the monitoring unit. Even with the volume turned all the way up, the sound is hardly hearable above the sound of a TV. The level of sound output needs to be much, much, much louder.
on 20 November 2011
The monitors arrived with the usual efficiency from Amazon and we were pleased with the quality and appearance. These were purchased to be aware of any immediate needs of our aged mother who lives in an extension of the family home. On two occassions now it has proved its worth as we were called when my mother fell in her flat. The units are positioned about 35' apart and work exceptionally well. Can definitely recommend as they do the job they were designed for very effectively. jbp.
on 11 January 2014
Ohhh yes!!!
Just what u want from a monitor!! I don't really understand what the negative comments r for, but this monitor it does just what i need: to alert me when my baby needs me!! It's amazing sound, clear as u where in the same room, it picks up just when it has too, if u put the volume up it becomes more sensible. The switch off...just sometimes u have to switch it off twice, but i don't mind.
Battery(on the parental unit): yes, it's not good at all, but i just removed it and have it from the main plug and when i need it mobile i will put in my own battery and that's all. I don't expect a Duracell rechargeable battery for this price.
It's so good, i will buy one for my sister, too!!!!
And to be honest, i am so happy with this, that i would even pay more money for it. I think that says a lot.