Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 March 2013
Not all of the favorite songs on this album but then you rarely get all of your own personal choices. Having said that, this is still
a good general mix of rock classics and ballads. I bought it second hand and it is fine, plays well and undamaged box for a
very good price. Zoverstocks was recommended to me by my son and I have bought quite a few second hand ones now
through them and they have all been perfect.
on 1 October 2012
I nearly bought this without reading the play list !!!

There are a good few tracks that I really like on this, but I would not of expected to find them on this album. There are a good number of very high profile musical acts that have been excluded, and some acts have had 'little known' tracks included, while their better material has been ignored. Very strange.

Not all bad news, there are some cracking tracks from Meatloaf, Alice Cooper, Survivor Etc. I am a great fan of this kind of music, but there really are some very strange inclusions.

Bottom line, check the play list. Many decent tracks, but on a POWER OF ROCK album ?
on 12 February 2013
If this CD is rock, then I'm a banana. The selection of tracks has more to do with back catalouge than accurate genre. There are possibly five or six tracks that would meet most people's notion of rock. The remainder are the accoustic equivelent of spam.
on 9 April 2013
Even my mum commented that one of the songs on the album sounded like a country song not a rock song at all! Worst album I've ever bought.
on 28 November 2012
i purchased this as a stocking filler for a friend for christmas, it came quick and still wrapped up as new, it was nicely priced and i feel a bargain, i know my friend will love it
on 14 February 2013
A good all round collection but has many of the same old songs that are on all these types of collections. Was hoping for more power ballads, but still enjoyable.
on 22 July 2014
a lot of rubbish songs on here, not sure that they are really rock classics although there are a few gems in there too
on 15 February 2011
This Rock compilation is a one of a kind Rock music compilation. This compilation contains 60 great rock songs on three cds. There are many enjoyable rock songs to listen to and savor: Here is a list of some of the many good songs that are available on this compilation:

Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
Lullaby-Shawn Mullins
Barracuda-Heart
Dust In the Wind-Kansas
I Walk the Line-Johnny Cash
Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover-Sophie B Hawkins
The Way It Is-Bruce Hornsby and The Range
Any Way You Want It-Journey

This is only eight of the many 60 great songs available in this collection. I would say to definitely consider getting this collection if you enjoy rock music.
on 22 August 2015
Bought this cd to reminisce about the 1970s rock scene and I wasn't disappointed, plenty of different artists.
on 29 November 2011
This is my most recent Rock & Power Ballad Compilation purchase. It is almost a definitive collection if it included a couple more popular rock songs by Queen: "We will rock You" and Dire Straits: "Sultans of Swing" etc.

However, I did find the track by Jeff Healey Band and Daryl & Oates Song: "Method of Modern Love" as an interesting inclusion in this compilation. The great tracks by Survivor, Jennifer Rush, Air Supply, ELO, Men at Work etc., are all there in this compilation.

Overall, a very good attempt by Sony to compile the most essential and definitive rock & power ballads ever. I highly recommend yo to buy this collection!