Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 10 May 2017
An older DVD but just as entertaining. No one will ever make such a good team as these guys. Brilliant.
on 1 November 2010
I love Top Gear and think Richard Hammond is an excellent presenter. However the script and stunts on this DVD are way below the standard of the Top Gear series.
One exception being the driving through brick wall in slow motion which is fascinating. The description on the DVD is Top Gear Uncovered -- a look behind the scenes. There was none of that. The DVD is intended as a joke, a sort of weak parody of TG. But sadly it does not pull it off. It is mainly just silly, and the attempted humour is very repetitive and obvious, and aimed at schoolboys. Of course Top Gear is full of schoolboy humour -- but TG is well written and funny. I did manage to watch all the way through to the end of this boring DVD, but only due to Richard Hammond's personality which made the best of the poor material. At least I have got one Christmas Present sorted out now -- just got to decide who deserves this dud.
on 20 November 2009
I have to totally disagree with the negative review.

This DVD is a nice extension to the Top Gear series.

Yes, there is no Clarkson or May but Hammond leads the charge superbly.

There are some fantastic stunts, beautiful cars and the whole thing is pinned down by classic Top Gear humour.

If you like the show, then you¹ll like this DVD.

It¹s as simple as that!
on 29 November 2009
I am a TG fan and I was expecting a bit more from this DVD, but it was just a let down from start to finish. It just seems like they wanted something out in time for Christmas and this is all they could come up with. The idea behind it is weak and poorly executed. Hammond comes across badly in it. He tries for Clarkson humour but it just doesn't work.
If you are looking to buy a TG DVD for Christmas get the Clarkson Duel one or The Challenges Vol3. This DVD is one you will watch once then never look at again, well I won't anyway.
on 30 November 2012
Richard Hammond is a very good presenter on top gear but I wasn't sure about him being on his own. I was pleasently supprised with this dvd though and it provided an entertaining watch. It comes with Hammonds trademark witt and humor which appeares throughou the dvd. He goes to the desert and has a race against a truck and then travels to the mountains of mondena in italy and tests some exotic supercars. Theyre's the usual destruction that we have become a custom to on top gear dvds but overall I woud definitely recommend.
on 22 November 2009
I admit to being a big fan of Top Gear. I bought this not sure what to expect, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. A few laugh out loud moments (check out the Ice cream hover craft - hilarious!!) and also some really gorgeous bits - like the dakar race in the desert and the wonderful supercar stuff in Italy. TOTALLY recommend this to any TG fan.
on 23 November 2009
It looks like the Top Gear team have pulled out all the stops for this DVD.

Top Gear is a firm favourite in our household and I bought this for my kids as they tend to get a bit restless over Xmas when there isn't much on the box.

There are some fantastic madcap moments and as you'd expect from the TG team there are some really funny moments.

A great DVD!!! Enjoy.
on 3 January 2010
Bought for my husband as a requested Xmas present (an avid fan of TG for many years), was not at all what he expected and was very disappointing overall - really a waste of money.
on 30 December 2009
As a Top Gear fan I was looking forward to this DVD, however I must admit to feeling a little cheated. At only 63 minutes long it falls well short of my expectations and the content isn't up to much either. Apparently Hammond intends to show us in a lighthearted Top Gear way how to become a Top Gear presenter. I will admit there is some entertainment value in here but frankly it's not enough, it looks like the nicest of the three presenters has finally sold out and scrambled a DVD onto the shelves with the sole intention of cashing in on the Christmas panic. I'm not impressed..........
on 14 January 2010
If you're thinking of buying this for the humour and high production values you see in Top Gear, don't bother. This DVD is clearly aimed at ten year olds, who will be impressed by the low budget stunts and the C-BBC presentation Richard Hammond delivers. I found it cringingly embarrassing to watch and gave up about half way through. I only paid 3.99 for my copy from Asda and it was still a waste of money...