on 24 August 2010
I recently brought two Mookie Scuttlebugs for my twins who are now 18 months, one Red/Black Ladybird and the other a Yellow/Black Bumblebee. The scuttlebugs are sturdy and well made and the perfect item to just pack in the car when away visiting friends/family as they collapse right down...ours even took a trip to France and worked wonders on the tiled floors. What can I say my twins love them (especially my son) who tears around at speed. They even work on the grass but best on smooth surfaces either in or out. The only thing I would say about them is that they will have a limited lifespan as your youngster grows. My boy is currently 84cm and comfortably uses the scooter and could do prob for another 6 months but after that I am not sure. Great value for money.
on 11 November 2010
I bought this for my little boy as a first birthday present in September and am very happy with it. It is small enough when folded to slip into a pushchair basket but is very strong and sturdy when being used. The folding process is very simple and quick.

The handlebars are angled back for safety and my little boy got the hang of it very fast and now at 14 months can zoom around the downstairs. He was not walking when we got this scuttlebug but now is a confident walker, part of which I put down to the fact that he regularly exercises his leg muscles on this scuttlebug.

He doesn't have to bend his legs at the moment and probably won't have to until he is at least 18 months, but I know several families who have these and their children are 2+ and using this very comfortably. My oldest is 5 and the scuttlebug is very popular with her and her friends too (when I am not around to tell them to get off it due to the weight limit).

This is a super little toy for a child aged 1+ and I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 24 February 2010
I bought this recently for my son and he loved it, i think it is a great idea.

BUT i do think it would have been better with extendable legs for the slightly taller toddler, but overall very nice trike.
on 27 October 2011
my grandchildren love it,two and a half year old and twenty two months old are both ideal ages for this item.
on 19 June 2015
Both my children have used this. It's taken a hammering and is still standing strong. Great for indoors on tiled, wooden or laminate flooring and also outdoors. Folds away too so great for throwing in the boot of the car if you're heading to the park
on 14 March 2015
Brilliant scooter for up to 2 year olds. It was used by both my kids. Very sturdy, easy to transport due to being able to fold it. you can put it in the bottom of the buggy to take to park. Kids had great fun with it and after years, still in great condition. Everybody asks me where I got it from.
on 9 September 2010
Excellent first tricycle, Good quality item ,Easy to fold, Very pleasing to the eye for toddlers, We love this item its Great.
on 29 April 2011
We have just set up a brand new playgroup, and bought 3 of these scuttlebugs. They are the most popular plaything we have, so we had to order 3 more!
They are perfect for us because they fold up into next-to-nothing (our storage space is limited)and they are bright and cheerful. They also look very durable, which they're going to have to be: they're getting full-time use!
on 9 August 2010
I got it for my son when he was 14 months old. First he would only bounce on it and I'd have to sit him on it. A couple of weeks have passed and he could get on and off it without my help. A couple more of weeks and he learnt to push himself backwards. Now he's enjoying pushing it with his hands around the garden walking in circles - he has so much fun doing it! I am waiting now for to him to learn how to push himself forward.
It gives me so much pleasure to watch him slowly learn how to play with this toy. Seems trivial, but these are such huge achievements for my son! I would definitely recommend it.
on 17 September 2011
I bought this for my son who was just over one at the time and still not walking. After only a week or so of being on it for ten minutes or so a day, he worked out how to push along to get it moving (although I think he went backwards at first!) and quickly mastered the steering. All before he could walk! He is 18 months now and still loves it. It is probably the best toy I have bought him. It is really sturdy. He has never fallen off it. And the fold down design is genius - and very simple to fold down and click back up - and you can actually fit it in your bag. I cannot recommend this trike enough. It is brilliant. And such great value for money.