Colour Name: Ebony|Size: 16-inch|Change

on 14 December 2010
I have two 10 month old German Short haired pointers and I looked high and low for dog coats suitable for their physique ie barrell chested.
I purchased two of these Luxury Ebony waterproof dog coats as I wanted the design to incorporate a cover for the chest area.
The coats fitted perfectly and both dogs enjoy wearing them.
During the recent freezing/snowy weather the coats have kept them warm and dry.
I would definitely recommend these coats as they are of high quality and reasonably priced.
on 9 January 2011
The manufacturer does not provide the chest measurement for each size and my experience is that you either get a too long coat that fits the chest or right lenght and coat too small over the chest that is not usable. If you have a boxer or any other deep chested breed this coat is not for them. Also the picture might suggest the coat covers the whole side of the dog but that is not true. I bought the coat for my older boxer that needs his joints (such as shoulders)kept warm and the coat doesn't cut it from this point of view either.
on 17 December 2010
Over the years, I have always had dogs who (if they could speak) I'm sure would not thank you for putting a coat on them. However in some cases you want to prevent the dog from getting wet or dirty to avoid discomfort if you are not going directly home.
I have tried a number of coats. Tartan fur lined, wax jackets, and more. The problems were always the same. It slipped round in sat unevenly, it shrunk, the bindings didn't last, they frayed after a few outings. Many went back for refund.
You can imagine therefore my reluctance to order such a thing off the internet.
However a number of things caught my eye about this product. Firstly, Danish design (as an Architect I have a lot of respect for Danish design) secondly the head goes through and the under panel then goes from the neck through the front legs and lastly this under panel gives full protection to the underside of the dog's chest/torso. All this creates stability and provides maximum protection.
Furthermore the material seems robust, slightly padded, yet very light and the price is about 2/3 of what I have paid in the past for the "rubbish" sold from pet stores.
It is early days though and if I get bored in a years time I may post an update.
on 22 June 2011
We ordered this coat for our beloved Black Labrador Harry to keep him warm and dry for the last couple of years of his time with us. He looked very smart. It sometimes needed a little tug to keep it straight on his body but it did the job very well. We were very happy with the way it kept his joints dry as his bones were very fragile in his old age.
review image review image
on 28 January 2010
When I initially put this coat on my dog - a Jack Russell, and attempted to walk him over the fields it was quite funny to see his reaction to his new winter attire! He would not move. He stood fast until I took the coat off. The next time I put it on him it was snowy and cold and I think he twigged that the coat was a good idea! The coat is really well designed and fits like a glove due to a generous under-belly strap which fixes on the back with velcro. But it's the coverage of the chest which is great; when out and about over fields and woods he is not only warm but in my opinion most of all dry underneath. He pays no mind to his coat now and runs about as normal.

I am now on the look out for the same Danish Design coat but specifically a light weight shell/rain coat with no fleece liner.
on 3 March 2010
My little dog absolutely loves her new coat.When she sees me get it off the peg she goes crazy.It really keeps her warm and dry.
on 2 November 2010
In my opinion, a very good quality dog coat at a decent price. My miniature dachshunds love theirs!

I read the other review but personally, I never had any trouble with it at all. It's nicely made, good quality and my very fussy dachshunds love them when it rains. They can't run as quickly with them of course due to their low bodies, but in the cold weather they'd much rather be with them than without especially as it shields their (very low to the ground) chests from the wet grass.

But at the end of the day, dogs are like people and they just need to try things on to see if they like them. If you know your dog likes and fits into this type of coat - great! I really recommend this one. If not, I'd say it'd be best to go to a pet shop nearby first and having a closer look at one before you buy one.
on 30 November 2010
However, I think it's important to say that the measurement is for the length of the dog's back and not shoulder height. I made that mistake and unfortunately the coat doesn't fit.
on 24 January 2011
I bought this coat for my 4 month old westie puppy, it's lightly padded and keeps her warm, it's also waterproof, the straps fasten underneath and round the coat so it stays on her really well, I intend to buy a bigger size as she gets bigger but this one's quite roomy and should see her through to the warmer weather
on 19 December 2010
This product is excellent and covers the dog's chest so is warmer than other coats. It is almost like a duvet on your dog. My dog loves it and willingly puts his head into it when going out into the cold. The collar is a bonus and keeps more of him dry in the rain. Product arrived on time and in good condition. Highly recommended.