TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2010
A great lighter, I find mine useful for lighting a real fire (with it having a long lighting nozzle/front it can get into the middle of the kindle and paper without me having any burnt fingers).

So much safer than using long length matches (no bits to drop off) plus when switched off there is a safety lock on it (so much safer if children are about, or if you press it by accident, no fear of it alighting anything you don't want it to.

I always have a fear of matches (they don't get on all that well with varnished fingers) so using this lighter to light any candles in the house is a pleasure. Mine gets well used as I always seem to have candles lit somewhere in the house almost everyday, so I can safely say that this item works and works well.

Refillable in an easy way and well made for the price.

Looking forward to the summer months and using if for the barbie, as it should stop the arguments of 'who' or 'why' is not lighting it the right way.

Plus it lights first time every time.
on 3 March 2011
Works great, the best one i have bought yet! I love that you can see the liquid gas as it lets you see how much you have left, before refill due. Easy click to light! Fancy colours and hand friendly, i got the purple. I use this for lighting incense sticks and tea light candles.
on 22 March 2010
would recommend this safety gas lighter, it can be locked when not in use (which is a good feature) I purchased this as i like to have candles on especially after cooking to make the place smell nice and its a lot easier than using matches
on 4 April 2011
Good lighter for BBQ and candles. The long reach allows you to reach down to places you cannot do with a match or cigarette ligher. The safety lock ensures that it cannot be operated by accident. It is transparent so that you can see how much gas is left. The chamber containing the gas is fairly small, but the lighter can be refilled. It is quite sturdy and lights first time. It could also be used to light gas cooker jets.
on 15 October 2011
I too have found that on occasions I have to attempt to ignite the lighter half a dozen times before it will actually hold a flame, but it's not really a problem. I usually find that giving it a quick shake gets results. It's also relatively easy to refill. I think it's good value for the price - there are other almost identical products on the market for considerably more money and which probably are no better than this one.
on 30 September 2011
Well, it's ok; pretty much exactly what you'd expect from something so cheap. It gets the job done (after a few attempts at ignition)!
on 26 February 2014
I ordered the gas lighter because I thought I would get one that looked like the picture, unfortunately I got what I consider a cheaper version looking a bit different and one that I had seen for sale on amazon at half price by other sellers. Though the one I did receive still does the same job I am just disappointed that I didn't receive the one displayed.
on 14 August 2011
Came very fast about 4 days befor it said it would.
nice colour , you can see throw it and see how it works and how much gas is left which is nice.
The gas goes quite quickly reason could be that ive been playing with it but still seems to go quick.
Also has a clip to turn it on and off . and you can change how big the flame goes
on 13 December 2011
Bought this item to light my fire in the morning. the lighter worked great until a couple of days ago then the igniter started to stick. Now it won't work at all. it has had very little use only once a day to light my fire. Buy another brand.
on 16 March 2015
Not a great item, bought this to use to light our log burner stove. The flame length after only a few uses got shorter & shorter and now have to click several times to get it to work (and yes there is lighter fluid in it)