Top critical review
13 people found this helpful
OK but does have limitations
on 6 April 2013
Bought this for family use as my hands of 'last resort' are also challenged too much sometimes.
1. Does have a useful range of opening diameters
2. Plenty of leverage ONCE you have a reliable grip (see Cons)
1. Variable band and blue rubberised grip point are in fact quite slippery - so you need to compensate through tightening...
2. ...which is the cause of the next issue - once the band is tightened there is no way to lock this grip other than through holding the torque through the handles rotating band adjuster which can then cause the band to slip of the lid.
3. Doesn't cope at all well with lids that have sides with an off vertical profile as there is that much less to grip