Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 11 March 2010
My six year old son spent the last of his Christmas money on this set, and to be honest it's a really good piece of lego engineering and a good play set to boot. The main carrier needs lots of building as it has several interesting features, the propeller pods at the front pull back, the sides drop down to uncover a lab, there is an opening bay at the front for a vehicle etc.

You also get a manta ray and underwater mant warrior, an underwater car which fits in the bay at the front of the carrier (it even stays in during play) and a small version of the wreck raider set which fits nicely at the back. There are 3 additional lego atlantis figures, one for each vehicle. Expect bits to move/fall off whilst it's being played with, rebuilding is part of the joy of lego afterall.

There is a lot of building and if you give this to a younger child you can fully expect to be building it for them, my son has built most of the earlier sets and was really proud of the fact that he did it all himself.

A really good lego set that I wish had been available 30 years ago!
on 29 May 2010
I am 8 years old and if you get this bit of lego you will love it. Most of the time it stays together which means you can play with it over and over again. It keeps you going for a long time (because it has so many pieces). It is good bit of lego to have and I would definitely recommend it.
on 4 March 2012
Although supposedly for 8 years plus, my 5 year old grandson enjoys these models. They keep him busy for long periods and teaches him handling skills. And when the model is completed he can pay with it which also teaches him to be careful with things as models of this type are relatively delicate
on 6 March 2011
I asked my son Alex (who is almost 4) :
How much fun is this toy, out of 5? "10!!!"
How much have you learnt? "I like it!"
How durable is this toy? "I think it's a bit delicate."
How do you rate this toy overall - out of 5, Alex? "10!!!"

The LEGO Atlantis range seems to be better value than the Star Wars range but not as good value as the basic bricks. Alex spent all day building the Neptune Carrier with some help from me for the frustrating fiddly bits, like peg connectors. A great bonding experience, I'd pay more. Sssshhhh, don't tell LEGO.
on 18 November 2010
My nephew thourghly enjoys his Atlantis lego. He wants more for Christmas. Will have to see what Santa has to say ?????
on 5 January 2011
My 8 year-old had loads of Lego for Christmas, including this. The question was, how long would it take him to assemble it? The answer is above! He loves the Atlantis stuff and this is no exception. Seems good value and loads of play potential. Cannot go wrong.
on 30 December 2010
Overall a great set, looks good and was fun to build.

But I have to admit I was a little disappointed, I was expecting from the size of it to be a little more complicated. I might recommend the Aqua Raiders Crab Crusher for that.
on 24 September 2011
This was purchased for my grandson - from a list he produced - and yes he really liked it - he is 13yrs.