Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

on 25 November 2017
I always loved Cybil s Frank and honest opinions and her book only confirmed my belief s about her. She's a sassy beautiful lady who met up with the most chauvinistic men in Hollywood on her life's journey. It's wasn't a fairy tale book but it was honest and true and a real eye opener. Maybe being famous isn't as glamour as we all seem to think.
on 22 November 2013
During the telling of her experiences Cybill also shines a spotlight on the shallow backstabbing world of the 'celebrity' lifestyle. The level of spite and betrayal she has dealt with over the years is truly shocking and I will forever view certain well known stars in a different less flattering light. There were times I felt so sorry for her but this woman can give as good as she gets and she doesn't invite pity. It's a sexist cliqhuey world
It's a struggle to decide wether you like her or not as she's so mercilessly honest about her own mistakes and failings as well as everyone else's, it's dog eat dog in her world but I felt she was often more victim than predator, keep wondering if she actually has any real friends
One person found this helpful
on 5 November 2015
I have always liked Cybill Shepherd ever since I saw her performance in 'Taxi Driver' and of course Moonlighting. Having read her autobiography, I cant quite view her in the same admirable light again. Her morals are certainly questionable when it comes to her sleeping around with various actors, directors and even on one occasion a threesome with two stuntmen. On the other hand, I give her credit for her openness and honesty. However, the various spats she has had with fellow actors and producers she seems to have brought upon herself. Yet she makes herself out to be the victim. The first half of the book is quite good.But I began to lose interest towards the end.
Despite all that, I still enjoy the Moonlighting re-runs Cybill.
on 27 September 2010
I was always a big fan of Moonlighting and Cybill, but had not realised what varied a life and career Cybill Shepherd has had. I get the impression that some of the details about some of the other people in the book may have been glossed over, but that is always likely to be the case with this sort of book and the details about her own life come across as honest and frank.

Parts of the book were quite dark and others made me laugh out loud. I am not sure would recommend this book to someone without any previous interest or experience of Shepherd's work, but for those who do it provides a fascinating look behind the scenes of both the woman and that work.
4 people found this helpful
on 25 December 2017
I never shared Cybill's estimation of her own talent. Nevertheless she was a go getter who used the "Last Picture Show" as the springboard to a decent career encompassing two hit tv shows. For that alone it's worth a read.
on 27 May 2016
I wanted to like this book but really struggling to stay with it. Haven't finished it yet and contemplating moving onto something else. You certainly get Cybill's views of the world and why the industry and others struggled to work with her so the title is apt. But reading it has become a labour as I feel she doesn't want to work with reader either! Obviously my view after only getting halfway through this book. So I'll try to stay the distance. If she turns me round by the end, I'll come back and update this review.
on 1 March 2013
I like Cybill Shepherd. I liked her self titled show/sitcom Cybill when it was on, but that must have been a long, long time ago now (about 18 years) I thought this book might be a bit more "expose" than it was since Cybill seems to be the sort to tell it like it is.

This book was perfectly readable, but needed to have a bit extra to it.
One person found this helpful
on 15 August 2013
This was an intriguing insight into a "star's" life. Things you never guessed before.

Some of the dialogue is a little tedious. The Americanisms and the name dropping get a little too much.
However you can only conclude that she" was quite gal!"
on 28 January 2012
Frank autobiography from Cybill Shepherd. She tells her story from her initial days as a model through her rise as a starlet to the heady days of Moonlighting and her life beyond that programme. She's frank, often quite funny and often very hard on herself. Interesting read and insight into the Hollywood machone.
on 20 July 2017