Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 17 April 2012
Bought this dvd for my daughter who loves horses and I loved this series growing up and wanted her to share it too. She loves it and I will be watching it again too. Don't expect the dvd to be digitally enhanced, it isn't but frankly this does not matter, in fact, it makes it even more authentic. Would highly recommend.
on 25 March 2012
Watching Black Beauty on Sunday afternoon made me think back to my school days and made Monday mornings and a times table test and subsequent dinner time detention for the week almost bearable. Loved the series. Judie Bowker was my favourite heroine and this brought back all the good memories, regardless.
on 11 March 2016
My grandchildren are enjoying watching this when they visit me and my daughter has fond memories of watching the original series.
A pity more series such as these do not frequent children's television programmes nowadays
on 30 August 2015
Another childhood classic that stands the test of time and can be enjoyed by children and adults even today . The stories are timeless and add in the wealth of 70s guest stars and you have a series to enthrall great purchase
on 21 April 2012
Having seen the series back in the 70's it was wonderful to see it again and show it to my daughter. 52 episodes, we haven't watched them all yet! amazing to see some of the actors and realise who they went on to be.
on 20 January 2014
Brilliant just as I remembered it my favorite was Jenny and I loved Jonah the naughty Shetland in series 2 fab to see some actors who went on to much bigger things like John Thaw.
on 26 May 2015
Bought for my wife, she often reminisces about watching black beauty as a child so saw this and had to buy it for her. She is so happy re living childhood memories.
on 25 January 2017
I'm absolutely delighted with these DVDs the quality is just how I remembered watching beauty galloping home . Just perfect.x thank you.cannot fault anything.cc
on 1 July 2012
Very good to watch just like the series as it was back then,brought back childhood memories and recreated memories for my two youngest children
on 2 February 2014
....... and great fun reliving memories from our childhood without horse mad daughter. Recommend this to horse loving, TV watchers everywhere.