on 3 March 2017
on 3 July 2013
I bought this as a gift for my brother- always leaving his wallet in the car- no excuse now! It feels good quality, I put some paper in and submerged it in water - dry as a bone so I might get one to use on the beach.
on 2 January 2011
Quite fiddly but does what it says with a little practice. Have to remember to place folded note in the LID part, otherwise hard getting it out without a temper tantrum! The picture shows the note placed in the main body of the capsule, if you do this, it is very difficult to remove.
I got one of these originally as a stocking filler, but was so impressed, got one for myself.

You fold your money in half, then half again. Slide it in a metal clip and start winding it up. Then push it in the lid and screw the base on tight. This is a waterproof seal and when attached to your key ring, no one would know that you are carrying money around. A great device that appears to be well thought out and well made.

The only slight criticism is that it is hard to fold away larger notes due to their bigger size, and sometimes can take a few attempts to get it right.

Nevertheless, whenever I go out, I can always be assured that I will have some cash on me if needed.
on 22 September 2016
Really disappointed. Product that arrived was not a 'True Utility' genuine product, it was a cheap knock-off. The product had already been opened and a crude attempt made at re-sealing with white sticky labels. I have a number of other genuine 'True Utility' Products including the cash stash and could immediately tell it was a fake. I had chosen this based on image as genuine cash stash packaging shown, this did not arrive. Be careful.
review image review image
on 24 March 2016
Fell off key ring losing me a £20
on 30 December 2010
Bought three of these Cashstash Capsules as little novelty Christmas presents, and was rather surprised at the quality of the item. It is a very well made small container, and will hold a folded £5 note if the instructions are followed. It would just as easily hold a piece of paper containing one's personal details, in case of accident, as an alternative use. All in all a quality item.
on 28 March 2010
I bought this item for my sister as a stocking filler, when it arrived I thought I must have one of these. They are small and compact and do exactly what it says on the label. Although sometimes it is quite fiddly to put the notes in. Other than that its a great pressie!
VINE VOICEon 3 January 2012
What a great little gadget, you can carry spare cash, great if you have a habit of forgetting to go to the ATM.

The capsule is truly tiny, I was wondering how I was supposed to fit the cash into it. However once the package was opened and the capsule was unscrewed there is a fake note wrapped round the little winder thing you get to tighten the note. The winder thing means you can easily pull the money out.

Just as well as the note has to be very tightly twisted round the winder. to get it into the capsule. It took me several attempts and a lot of fiddling to get the note in.

The capsule is small enough to be attached to a keychain or snapped onto a zipper. I have mine attached to my rucksack.

One quibble I have is that the packaging the capsule came in was those horrible sealed jobs that required scissors to open them. I hate them they are very tricky to get into. Plus the capsule is very small and the packaging was very large. Waste aware anyone?

Another quibble is that the capsule is so tiny that the note has to be very, very tightly packed into the body, if you pack it incorrectly then the threads of the top are covered, and the top does not screw tight properly. I needed several attempts to get the darn thing screwed on tightly.

Overall I like this item and would recommend it.
on 4 March 2013
This little chap has been dangling off my keys for 2 years now. It's had a fairly rough existence - mostly spent in the dark of a jeans pocket, wrestling with loose change and other sundry items, but it's still in good working order!

I took out the metal clip thingy in the capsule itself, as it only took up extra space and didn't help (imho) to roll up a note. Overall a handy little thing to have on your keyring.

People who see it seem to feel perfectly entitled to open it up to see what's in it. For this reason, I have replaced the £20 note with a small piece of paper on which is written: 'If you're reading this, then you're owe me a pint. And you're a nosey parker.'