TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 July 2016
For fans of the 'Rocky' films, this is a treat. It's the "best" music from the six movies of the saga (not including 'Creed'). This CD presents 26 tracks - both songs and musical score - from across the films. All the main hits are included - such as 'Eye of the Tiger', 'Burning Heart' and 'Heart's on Fire'. And, of course, the classic 'Gonna Fly Now' theme is offered - in fact, it's included twice (it both opens and closes the album).

Many of these tracks are great to listen to while training! If you enjoyed the music from the films, I highly recommend this compilation.
on 24 March 2012
A good collection from the Rocky Film soundtracks.
Includes "Eye of the Tiger by Survivor" but disappointingly
does not include "Take me back" from the second film.
Nevertheless, good value for money.
on 15 February 2013
I bought this cd for my hubby as we both like the Rocky anthems. I did read the tracklisting before purchasing but upon listening was disappointed by how many instrumentals are on the album. Still is worth buying just for the fantastic 'Theres no easy way out'.
on 2 August 2015
Good
on 7 March 2007
I'm going to make my review short and simple, the songs are brilliant, and they are all in brilliant remastered sound quality.

However the reason i did not give this 5 stars is because they left off a couple of the best Rocky soundtrack songs:

Training Montage (Rocky IV)

The Measure Of A Man (Rocky V)

Hearts On Fire (Rocky IV) [Extended Version]

Its a shame really, because it would have been the most perfect soundtrack album of all time, but hey its still great, you just have to buy another 2 Rocky soundtracks with it if you want the complete 'best of' :-)
on 2 October 2009
You know all the classics like eye of the tiger, burning heart, gonna fly now, no easy way out blah blah blah. If you've ever been shadow boxing around the room after watching Rocky on telly then this is the album for you. It's fantastic to train to and I owe a few seconds off my half marathon time to eye of the tiger and no easy way out.
There is a fair bit of rubbish in their to pad it out but to get the classics I mentioned then it's worth it. There are a few tracks with short samples of motivational speech from the film and they are cheesy but good. It's classic for your ears only stuff. Download onto your mp3 player and nobody in the gym needs to know that Rocky is shouting "Yo Adrian" in your earphones. Just don't start shouting it out as you pick up the pace on the treadmill with 20 people training around you!
on 1 June 2007
If you've ever seen the rocky films you will know that,

they contain a number of things that make them great,

the cinematography, the acting and the music.

Rocky would not be anywhere near as aweinspiring or heart warming,

without its amazingly good scores.

This has got to be the best compilation ever, contaning all of the

signiature songs from every one of the movies,

from the most well known songs like "gonna fly now" to lesser known

gems like "hearts of fire", each song has alot of emotion and

power behind it and can be enjoyed by fans or newcomers alike.

Like what another reviewer said this music is great and uplifting,

even if you havent seen the films.

the theme songs are what made the films great and if you love rocky then

this set should already be on your shelf at home.
on 2 July 2007
put simply this is the mother of all soundtracks.put it this way- i have been shadowboxing listening to this....god i'm sore !!!!!!!!!!1
on 30 October 2010
Covered all the main tunes related to the Rocky movies and brought back a lot of good memories of the films whilst I listened. In fact it made me watch all the movies yet again and encouraged me to take up running, skipping and fitness to a greater level in the same way that Wimbledon does for the tennis fan!!
on 12 February 2007
Having been involved in a lot Rocky chat in the office for the last 2-3 months I decided to buy this album...I had high hopes and I was not disappointed. I got it before a very long journey so listened to it fully 3 times and can conclude that this CD is the ultimate in motivational music. For example I had an argument with the other half last night, I went for a drive but it didn't let off any steam so I come home and put on Hearts on Fire - instantly I could take on the world and I've had a smile on my face every since!!!

If you're a fan of the Rocky films or just need perking up GET THIS CD,[...]