TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 September 2015
This is probably one of the best movies ever made. The story is truly superb and even though it is a long movie doesn't it feel that long when you are watching it. To follow Forrest Gump from childhood and though his adult life is just so wonderful that even though I have seen the movie a couple of times it still just as good as the first time I saw the movie. Tom Hanks is splendid in this movie. This is a must see movie!I can almost guarantee that you will have tears in your eyes when the movie ends...
on 31 May 2017
I love this film in which I actually see Tom Hanks `acting` . The film has the same emotional impact as when I was a kid watching on VHS . I now understand the events and history better as well as the growth of the characters in Forrest`s life , namely LT Dan and Jenny who are so similar and so different at the same time . The film is so well made with impressive visual effects which make you wonder whether they are real , and do not look like the phony CGI of today`s films .
on 2 April 2017
Brilliant film. I love Tom Hanks and thought it was very clever how they incorporated the archive films of the famous people and the events and put Forrest into the scenes as though he was there at the time. Loved this film.
on 12 April 2017
I saw this film when it was first released and thoroughly enjoyed it. I bought this disc for a young couple and I hope they get as much pleasure from it as I did. The film certainly deserved all the high ratings it earned.
on 1 December 2014
This was bought as a gift for someone who lives in the dark ages, as in those before Forest Gump. She did not know about the film, and we knew she would like it. Imagine, someone not having this great iconic film! We have not heard from her since, so, I expect she is continuously watching it; either that or she is trying to form the words that express her amazement at the depth of this fantastic tale.
on 23 June 2014
forrest while sat waiting for a bus starts telling his life story from not being able to walk to running 100s of miles,going to Vietnam,meeting 3 presidents having his own shrimp boat and becoming a miilionaire but all through that the thought of his one true love jenny who he pines for and misses,a good film and good ending,recommend this
on 23 September 2017
I love this film and always have. My missus cried, but in a good way. Such a superb film from an excellent story. There isn't one wasted minute.
on 19 September 2017
classic. Not as good as we all thought it was at the time, but funny and a cultural reference point
on 26 April 2017
Excellent ! first class. Tom Hanks performance is absolutely superb and so is the whole film.
on 15 September 2017
Have not watched this for a few years and really fancied watching. Being a prime member, using Amazon video was easy and allowed my wife and I to enjoy this splendid movie. If you have never seen this movie, your missing a treat.