on 9 August 2010
Absolutely fantastic to have all the information relayed in such a constructive, supportive snd concise way. Wish I had found these DVDs months ago, I can now see where I let myself down and looking forward to putting it into practice at my next interview.
on 27 October 2009
DVD is excellent and gives some great advice on answers to questions you may have hoped they wouldnt not ask or you didnt have prepared answers for. Gave tha extra bit of confident that you were well prepared.
on 12 July 2014
Amazon products will never let you down. They are indeed real value for money.
on 15 September 2009
I had bought the Experts Guide: Interview Skills DVD a while back and found it really helpful.
Not because I wanted a job - but because I interview people all the time. It gave me many helpful tips, so I suppose you are never too old to learn.

I lent it to a friend of mine who was struggling at interviews and he landed the job after a first interview. He also purchased this one and recommended it to me, and I have to say it hasn't disappointed. Most of all - very easy to use, and the bad answers are hilarious.
on 13 February 2011
There are two faults with this product.

1. It is ideal for someone interviewing for a permanent job and making a long term career decision. It is not ideal for a contractor going for a 3 month or 6 month contract. The questions for contractors are usually quite different. The marketing for this product does not make it clear it's really for permies only

2. The main character sits in front of a painting in which the finger of the painting pokes his ear for the entire duration. Someone needs to give these people a lesson in not having distracting backgrounds.
on 20 February 2011
I regret wasting my money on this DVD. I suspect many of the reviews on this page are bogus. The answers given by the candidates are very poor and I wouldn't employ someone who said such things. You would have to be extraordinarily bad at interviews to benefit from this. My main criticisim is that in an interview, the candidate should do a fair bit for the talking, to sell themself. However, in this DVD the answers given are bordering one one liners which cut the interviewer off. In a way they seem aimend at giving as little information as possible. I think this problem with the DVD has arisen because the authors have not figured out how to present generic answers which would appeal to a wide audience, yet be specific enough to see how you might actually impart real information in an interview.

There are far better resources than this such as the book entitled great answers to tough interview questions which is highly perspicacious and probably got me my last job.
on 15 July 2011
I cant vouch for how well this will get a job since I have only just received it and currently am still unemployed. This is primarily aimed at those in the business world rather than trying to get a job as a fitness trainer or in a retailer for example. The principles still work but for those not in the business sector this may come across as a little daunting.

It starts with a brief view on CV preparation and this is essential to get you the interview. That said I have found that a combination of online jobsites and assistance from my previous employer helped me more since I was able to see and apply the layouts more easily than with a DVD.

The interview preparation, questions and your performance are the most important things on the discs and these are very thorough. Its long (set aside about 3 hours or more to work through the DVDs) and you may neet to pause and take notes as to how you would answer some of the questions suggested.

I found the whole thing initially made me concerned about the number of pitfalls I could make and how hard this all seemed but by watching this I feel I am better prepared and after a few more viewings, some practicing with friends etc I think its quite possible to give yourself a bulletproof interview technique.

This DVD will open your eyes to the interviewer's perspective and without it you are in danger of being fundamentally under equiped.

I have but one criticism and that is that I ordered mine direct from the publisher and whilst its professional and you get a lot for your money the discs used seem to be like those you burn in a dvd writer (ie purple data layer) which are not as resilient as pressed ones.
on 9 September 2009
Having enjoyed their other DVD title, The Interview Experts with 207 Interview Techniques, I had to get this. I wasn't disappointed as both products are excellent. The quality of the content and the actor's performances is very high.

You can select by topic e.g. Competency Questions, or watch Good Answers or Bad Answers. The latter is like watching outtakes from TV! I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or cringe at some of the snswers.

Interviewing is a bit like a sports match. This DVD puts you in the zone ready to respond to the interviewer's questions. As a senior manager with 30+ years experience I have found it very useful. With 2 daughters shortly to be Uni graduates I will let them watch these as well as they provide essential preparation for the "real" world.

Both buy and get that job! But please, not if I'm the rival candidate!
on 23 April 2015
I have been hunting for a job in a long time. I got some interview invitations but haven't got any job offer. When I watch this 135 Interview Questions and Answers DVD, I found I did a lot of mistakes in the previous interviews. My first interview would have been successful if I had had this DVD in my hands.
The content of the interview questions and answers is very useful from which I can get ideas to prepare for my interview answers in the best intelligent manner. The performances of actors is very high, they make me feel like I am participating in a real interview session. I have been practicing and can't not wait for the next interview to apply these wonderful tips.
Highly recommended if you are not my rival candidate !
on 11 November 2013
Having purchased jointly this and interview techniques I found the package really useful. not having done many interviews for many years I found this particularly useful. it helps prepare for your type of interview offering good questions that can be adapted for your own interview. Having found in the past a good interview also relies on asking good questions I was able to prepare myself in advance which also boosted my confidence.

A small criticism is that been in finance I found that there were no real direct questions and that all too often the 'sales person' was the chosen discipline, which i find a bit of a soft option.

I would recommend this CD as it provided me with a good list of questions and is very reasonably priced.