on 2 October 2009
This is a good bit of software. It's easy to use as you literally just drag and drop images etc. in. I already had corporate branding so I just added my images in that I got from my design company into a fairly simple template, and I was up and running quickly.

I already had a domain too - which I managed to use, so didn't need to use the one that's included - but it makes it pretty good value having that in there too.

I added some product videos and stuff too, and people can purchase from my website, which gives it a professional feel, I haven't used all of the extended e-commerce stuff yet, but it was by far the best value-for-money solution I could find, and I'm pleased with the result.
on 1 October 2009
I've never bothered creating a website for my shop before, as I really didn't know how to (without paying a web designer!). A friend used an older version of this, and recommended it, and this new version actually seems even better value because it comes with hosting and domain, which seem to cost quite a bit if you buy them separately. Designing the website is as simple as you want to make it, I just dropped in a load of images, linked up to Paypal, and put my website online. It's got potential for me to add loads of new pages as my business grows which is what pulled me to this one, so I hope I can just keep on updating my website as I get more and more products in. I can also update the image of the website whenever I want to by using a different template, or changing the colour scheme etc.
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found Web Easy 8 quite easy to use. Numerous tools are available to make your website look great and easy to use with relative ease. You simply drag and drop and with a large number of ready made templates website creation is pretty quick. Of course if you are looking to hone your website you will no doubt take hours and hours but the amount of options available here are fantastic. The e-commerce feature is excellent and the ability to have videos on your website really gives a professional air to your creation. As you create the software itself generates the HTML so you don't need to know how to write in code - this software does it for you. It may not be as easy to specifically acheive the aims and goals of some people but in general I feel that Web Easy 8 will probably satisfy many more people than it won't. For the money this is an excellent package and in my view is worth buying if you are interested in creating your own website. I have been using more complicated packages to create my own website. I have already switched to Web Easy 8. Finally, once your website is created and my own is in its relative infancy, you can upload to the internet for 12 months at no cost. I could go on about the specific parts to the e-commerce, templates, inventory management etc, etc but to be honest my review would be pages long. In short, this is a very impressive tool at a very competitive price.
on 8 December 2009
I have found this package very poor value. Having paid over £100 I expected a lot more. There are much better free templates available out there and a much wider variety. Also check out Ebay. There are template packages for sale at a fraction of the price of Web Easy. Typically, some of these packages contain over 500 templates and cost less than a fiver. Web Easy are very old design, they are not resizable, and the free photo's and clipart are total crap!!
on 18 October 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I initially tried to install this on a PC running Vista Home Premium which failed completely. An initial splash screen appeared however on clicking install it returned to the desktop and nothing else happened. The system requirements state that Microsoft DHTML editing control (Vista) is required so I downloaded this from the Microsoft web site. Still unable to install. I have emailed Avanquest support and if they can resolve this I will update this review.
I then installed this to a PC running Windows XP and it then installed with no trouble. First impressions are good there are over 500 templates all of which are well designed. The programme is extremely easy to use most being accomplished by drag and drop. I was able to produce a website with paypal facilities in under an hour. All of the templates are easily customisable and there are a variety which include photo albums, hobbies as well as many commercial templates. There are also a considerable number of photographs and clip art which includes cars of almost all makes and these again are high quality.
The platinum package comes with 1 years free web hosting and after this you can extend for a very reasonable cost per month.With the Platinum version you get a proper domain of your choice hosted on their server include in the price. There is a generous 10gb of space. I have not used this as I have my own domain. The other downside which is a real disappointment is that there is no server side support which means that you cannot password protect the site or pages within it, this is to me a vital requirement as I have a number of subscription pages on my site so if you are running a commercial site your only source of income is via e- commerce rather than being able to charge for access to specific pages. The other main omission I found was that there is no support for forums.
SUMMARY
Although an excellent easy to use package I think it is not adequate for professional / commercial sites. All of the missing features and more are available with Serif Webplus X2 and although this handles it in a slightly unusual way, and is slightly more difficult to use there is no charge for these features which are hosted on their server (but note no web space)
UPDATE
Since writing this I have excellent support from the Avanquest support team usually next day and they have resolved all the problems except Vista, however I have abandoned Vista and gone back to XP for various reasons so it is of no consequence, but I am sure they would have resolved it if I had kept on.
VINE VOICEon 12 November 2009
Well i installed this with great anticipation, installed fine with no problems, registered it, easy again without hicup....
Thats as far as i got, it crashed as soon as i moved on fromt he initial wizard. This is running under Windows 7 and will simply not work at all, i tried looking for updates and for some help from the website but nothing. Even their tech help email failed to respond and their online tech help was down.

So far im less than impressed and cant say ill keep trying to get it working......
on 12 November 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For under a hundred quid you get a nicely laid out, clear piece of software that allows you to create your own website easily and, as a bonus, to upload it into your own webspace (the space comes free for a year).

Easily customisable and nicely laid out with plenty of templates and clip art images, this will provide ANYONE with the opportunity to produce a professional looking website after only a few hours. I paid more than the cost of this package for MS Front Page a decade ago and this is a far superior product. Proof of how things have moved on.

I can't praise WebEasy 8 highly enough for features, functionality and sheer usability. Very definitely recommended - without condition.
VINE VOICEon 22 October 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I installed this on Windows XP service pack 3 with no problems, and using it to create web sites turned out to be just as easy. I can't comment on how useful it would actually be for selling stuff from your site as I won't be utilizing my site for that, but for ease of use in creating web sites - especially if you have almost no artistic bent whatsoever when it comes to laying out a stylish web site - then the 500 templates to choose from are a godsend. They're all easily customisable, so creating a unique site is easy, mainly by just dropping and dragging. Recommended.
on 29 December 2012
This product is a nightmare
the program tells you to do things that do not work
there is no stock control as i understand it
the ecommerse is rubbish and nothing like a true paypal cart
i have built many websites but after a day wasted with this i am sending back
usless
on 24 April 2011
This programme is rubbish, don't try to follow the instructions as they don;t work! they tell you to press tabs that don't and 'move on' to the next screen, that.. yes, doesn't exist!! I asked a few very computer literate friends to try, after a couple of hours they all gave up.. Luckly I bought this with anazon, as they gave me a full refund..