on 12 April 2017
Great love it
on 13 January 2012
Oh, my God! I've waited for so long to see this tv show again! In my opinion it is the best from the late 70's! I love Robert Urich, he is my best tv star for sure! How I miss him! I'm waiting to be released here in my country, Brazil. Who knows some day? And I would like to see in DVD, Spenser: for hire. It will be so good!
on 19 March 2010
To be honest, growing up in UK i hadn;t heard of Vega$ and only really stumbled across it recently, but if you like shows like Rockford, Starsky & Hutch, & Hunter, then you'll lover this. It's nothing ground breaking in terms of stories & themes, with all the regualar actors playing the baddies, but what Vega$ has got that makes its so good is the backdrop of 1970's Las Vegas. Today we are all used to the stock footage of Vegas hotels & lights, but here we see the still developing strip in day light, mixed in with the very famous landmarks. Added to that is the fantasic Robert Ulrich, as PI Dan Tanner, he is the kinda guy you'd want to be when you were a kid, hes smooth, kind, clever, and of course good with the ladies. Finally you have a great on screen relationship between Tanner and Slick, slick being the ex gangster turned hotel owner, played by Tony Curtis, who keeps Dan on a retainer. The screen lights up when the pair are togather, but Ulrich's like-ability steals the show.

It's a real pain the season has been split over two volumes, and is only out as region 1, but that aside its a visual feast.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2016
got this from amazon and as i loved this as a teanage girl bot it to relive it agen I thought Robert was so good looking to and the music for this I love to ilove the 70s and tv shows of that time but I love to see them back on uk tv agen as we get tomuch of realty tv now bring back good shows like this to show kids now what they are missing
on 30 October 2013
A classic series from the 80s starring Robert Ulrich as Dan Tanna, a private investigator working for Tony Curtis' casino owner but also taking on other cases. The stories are strong and there are lots of likeable characters, with all of the glamour you would expect from a series set in Las Vegas in the 80s. The stories pull no punches, with unexpected twists and turns. If you vaguely remember this from when it was shown on TV, you must buy this - it is every bit as good as you remember.
on 29 April 2013
Excellent debut series!

Liked all the action and stories featured with entertainment

Recommend to other 70s TV fans like me!
on 1 February 2017
Very pleased with the dvd as you do not see these on tv or in the shops, very quick delivery will buy again
on 27 January 2017
Was in us format but sorted with an all region dvd player
on 8 March 2016
Could not watch it
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2014
Great, cheesy, unsophisticated good guy / bad guys fun.

Note this is only Volume 1 of the first series - it says so on the box cover, but not the product title