Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 May 2011
I bought this because I'd become interested in Thomas Tallis's music from watching The Tudors, and it is the most played album both on my computer and mp3. I love so many of the tracks - Miserere just sweeps you away and Spem in Alium is rapturous. I found a couple of the modern tracks (A hymn to the mother of God and Una Hora)nerve grating - I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough with music to appreciate the disharmony - but the great majority of the tracks are truly sublime. I was listening to this on my mp3 while making a display after school one day and people commented that whatever I was listening to must be a great chillout album. NB, it is a bad idea to burst into singing along with the Magnificat whilst at work.
on 12 March 2015
Title says it all on this CD. Sixteen are always sublime and the range of pieces shows that off here, from well-known ,Allegri to less familiar Scarlatti , Tallis to Bernstein - all a joy. Wonderful "time out" music to transport you to another plane - recommended to the stressed in search of peace and contemplative calm.
On a less spiritual note, this is also excellent value for money at 155.04 running time. Buy it.
on 26 May 2013
With The Sixteen You can't go wrong. The Music is simply beautifull. The Mix of the different Tracks on the CD is very good.
on 13 February 2015
As always the Sixteen perform magnificiantly.
on 31 August 2013
Sublime music! Incredibly well played! I am sure when the pearly gates close, this will be top of the Heavanly pop charts!
on 3 March 2016
superb the sixteen performing a wide range of pieces
on 5 August 2014
for my husband again thank you
on 5 July 2015
Sixteen, say no more
on 14 May 2014
The sixteen have beautiful voices, I love choral music in general, I always wanted something of theirs, I play it a lot, love it.
on 11 September 2015
Only liked two songs on this CD