on 22 March 2014
Joni Mitchell. It's amazing what this women can do with two or three acoustic guitars. The songs on this probably perfect album are written from the heart, are deep stories and are about relationship conflicts, trust, mistrust and love. They, together create a fantastic sophomore record from one of the last centuries most brilliant song-writers. So, I come back to my first sentence. Joni Mitchell. A master a major influence on today's brilliant female artists. Just listen cos' I'm mostly speechless. Favorite tracks: Tin Man (Oh God, there are no words for unique is this one), Roses Blue, The Gallery and of course the classic Both Sides, Now. My rate is 9.6/10.
on 30 July 2017
I first bought this album as a vinyl LP when it was first released because I thought it was brilliant - Joni's evocative lyrics, her melodies and guitar playing were all absolutely outstanding. I then replaced it with the CD and now I've got the MP3 version. It's still brilliant.
on 18 October 2012
I have been a big fan of Joni Mitchell since seeing her live in 1974. However I have never bothered with the albums after Hejira or the first two until now. I was prompted to get this one after seeing an old film on Youtube of Joni singing Chelsea Morning and the The Fiddle and the Drum on the Dick Cavett show in 1969.

I shouldn't have been, but was, pleasantly surprised at how good Clouds is. Aside from the the brilliant Both Sides Now and Chelsea Morning there are some excellent lesser known (to me) songs. That Song About The Midway and I Think I Understand are both brilliant. The Gallery and the anti US imperialism anthem the Fiddle and the Drum are also very strong. Joni's singing is expressive and varied throughout and her guitar is clever and imaginative.

To me this album is the equal of Ladies of the Canyon, although short of her brilliant quintet of albums from Blue through to Hejira. I would recommend it to anyone who loves those albums.
on 4 March 2018
To me this is the classic Joni Mitchell album and a great album to be able to dip in and out of with Alexa.
on 27 January 2018
Joni second album again mostly guitar and voice and what a voice at this point in her career later she would change it for the worse my opinion many great tracks both sides show the strength of Joni wonderfull big guitar sound and effective vocals it is the definitive version of her much covered song after album
on 19 May 2015
Classic Joni Mitchell album, digitally remastered. The songs and emotions are timeless, I still have the original on LP, and wondered if the quality would be even better now on Cd, but it seems the same to me. No matter, the songs are wonderful, a true artist, classics. Enjoy.l
on 12 March 2018
One of the great albums of the sixties. Beautiful and moving.
on 4 December 2017
Goods arrived quickly and safely - thank you
on 5 November 2015
Very skilful guitar playing accompanying a beautiful voice, although some of my friends and family do not share my enthusiasm and feel her style is dated. I am an old fan.
on 16 May 2017