on 20 February 2015
I absolutely love this product. I happened to be looking for a powered USB hub for a midi keyboard on my desk with a short cable when I came across this. I'm a gamer too and I've seen these bungees being used and wanted to try them so to come across a USB hub with this feature also was a pleasant surprise.

I was slightly concerned that my mouse cable would not fit as it's different to normal (braided and a bit wider - it's a Steelseries Sensei RAW) but I can assure anyone who is concerned that is 100% fits. The area you insert the cable into is rubberized so expands to fit and I've been using it for a week with no issues at all.

I did some research on powered USB hubs + mouse bungees separately to see if I was paying over the odds for this Roccat product. Check yourself and if you're lucky you might be able to save a £ or 2 buying separately but then you have 2 separate things on the desk and I personally feel this is well worth the £22 I paid.

Highly highly recommend!
on 8 December 2016
It wasn't what I was expecting,
Reading the description saying it had "Active Powered USB Ports" id automatically assume that it will charge devices when the PC isn't turned on but that isn't true, my devices only charge when the PC is turned on. The only thing I can see what the power cable is for is to turn the blue LEDs on.

As for the bungy it can come in handy but normally I dont use it as can cause drag on the mouse cable, personal preference but I don't like it.

The design is brilliant, I love the design of this and look great on my desk, I love the easy of having USB ports right in front of me.
I just wish it would charge my devices direct from the wall as the miss wording would suggest.
on 15 December 2012
This mouse bungee is great not only will it stop your wire getting snagged on your desk but it is a 4 port USB hub too. It is not a must have accessory or massively important but it gets on with its job without you noticing and that is the mark of a great device.
on 11 January 2013
Bungees are generally too expensive, seeing as duct-tape on the mouse wire would have basically the same effect.
Apart from that, it looks really cool, and the fact that it is a usb-hub is definitely a reason to buy it.
It has a bright blue led below it, which looks really nice.

The device in itself is perfect, just a little overpriced, in my opinion.
on 3 August 2011
The Roccat Apuri is one of those things you never knew you needed, but once you have it you wondered how you got by without.

Only now do I realise just how aggravating it is when you have to battle against the pull of the mouse cord (as I do at work). This basically enables you to have a wireless mouse with the advantages of a wired mouse.

At the rear, there are two plugs, one connects it to your PC via USB and the other connects it to your mains electricity. It is perfectly reasonable to use 'low-powered' USB devices from the hub without needing to plug your Apuri into the mains. However, more power-hungry devices will not function unless the additional power source is provided.

And, aside from all this, it looks pretty nifty too. It is a lot smaller than I had imagined - you can easily sit the thing on the palm of your hand.

The only thing preventing me from giving this five stars is the grip on the base of the feet. Unless you apply blu-tack, this thing will slide around. In my opinion, they should have had suction cups to hold it in place.
But like I said, blu-tack solves this problem instantly.
on 4 December 2015
If I simply wanted mouse bungee, I would've bought other, cheaper product that is out there.

However, I chose this mouse bungee because I was attracted that
it also works as usb hub,
probably my favourite design of mouse bungee I've seen yet,
blue glow(I'm huge fan of blue glow) and I already own roccat mouse & keyboard which also glows blue.

I thought this would make a great match and indeed it does.
Blue glow is lovely and it does its job as mouse bungee + USB hub very well.
I threw away the USB hub I've bought with pounds on local electronic store after trying this bungee.

Other than its performance, I do have some complaints about this product.

Blue light is pretty much permanent. Even if you turn your pc off, light is still there. Since prefer to sleep in pitch dark environment, it's quite annoying. But I could solve it by turning the switch behind the pc off(not easily accessible due to where my pc is located, but better than sleeping with light on)

location of jack where you connect adapter cable or USB cable between pc and bungee is quite disturbing. On my desk, due to these cables sitting sideways it's constantly trying to spin the bungee clockwise. It shouldn't normally spin but my desk is quite slippery so I had to hold bungee in place by putting it over small mat(cut from old mouse mat I've been using). It would've been great if these cable were connected from right behind which would not cause spin(it would look better, too)

As long as you need mouse bungee+usb hub, I think this product is good priced. If you don't need USB hub, probably it's better to buy other mouse bungee which is not USB hub but cheaper.
on 20 November 2015
===========
Short Review
===========
A bit pricey but still gets a 5/5 from me.
Aesthetically pleasing, nice lighting, USB-Hub + Cable-bungee in one, good build quality, can be used independent of a PC for device charging.

==========
Full Review
==========
While it is a tad pricey, you get what you pay for, the ports appear quite sturdy and it can be plugged in via USB for data transfer and slower charging or plug it in with the adaptor independent of your PC for faster charging of devices.

The bungee appears to be well made, after having the bungee bent at an awkward angle for about 3 days, after I removed the cable from it, it slowly returned to its original orientation facing forward perfectly, as it gets older this may change though as it's only a month old or so.

Aesthetically speaking it looks quite nice and the blue glowing lights are a nice feature, if I had to complain about anything it would be three tiny things, 1) You can't see the Roccat glowing logo underneigh it because... it's underneigh it, 2) Dust loves this thing, it gets dusty fast and needs to be wiped off often, 3) The lights remain on even when the PC if off, this is slightly annoying if you want a pitch black room to sleep in.
on 24 November 2015
A bit of a "meh" device. The USB ports don't seem to charge any devices very well and they're pretty slow so I didn't find myself using them very much. The cables running out of it make it somewhat unsightly on the desk too, even though I thought it would help to clean things up a bit. The bungie does what it's supposed to but I can't say I felt a huge improvement in mouse mobility. Maybe if your cables get snagged regularly it would be a more worth investment.
on 6 June 2014
This is very expensive for what is basically just a usb extension cable with a mouse bungee.

I bought this thinking I could plug anything into it seeing as it comes with an AC adapter for extra power however the AC adapter is useless unless you live in America. This is not mentioned anywhere on it's page.

It looks good though; form over function unfortunately.

Disappointed.
on 9 November 2015
The product I was looking for!

I purchased a USB hub which was rubbish and quite often didn't sit very well. This product is very sturdy, looks brilliant and has solved my issue with my mouse cord dragging along the back of my desk. A real problem when you are trying to play FPS. Perfect, thank you Roccat.