on 18 November 2009
What a shame!

I was hoping for another good DS game but like too many that have been released recently this fell far short of the mark. It is far too short, far too easy, and is basically just a hidden object game, much like Mystery Stories and Millionheir, and the very few mini-games were very easy and boring. The whole storyline lacked any 'Oomph' and made it easily put down-able and easily forgettable.

I took it with me on holiday hoping for it to last at least half the week and got through it in one evening! Very very disappointed.

I havent given it a one or two as I did think it was more imaginative than the other hidden object games I've played. At least in most instances the objects you were looking for were part of the story line, rather than just a randomly generated list of words, and the questioning did break up the game. I am sure some people would enjoy this game but I'm going to stick to games that have some backbone and are worth the money I spend on them such as the Ace Attorney series, the Professor Layton games, the Secret Files games and the CSI games at a pinch. Other games makers should look to these games to learn about the length of games that we want to purchase.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 January 2010
Very short game can be completed in a few hours there is only one puzzle and that is to move squares around to make a picture, everything else is find where it is on the screen an answer a few questions.
on 10 November 2009
As a avid reader of James Patterson books, I ordered this game as soon as I saw it advertised, now I wish I had waited and read the reviews first, I'd completed up to chapter 7 in one night, thinking I would carry on the next day for a few more hours, but I suddenly find on chapter eight that I had completed the game, The games are simple and the storyline was poor all in all Very Very dissapointing not worth paying full price for.
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2009
My husband bought me this game for my birthday recently after I spent hours and hours on the CSI game over the summer. Unfortunately, it was a disappointment!

This game forces you to complete each section before allowing you to move on which means that you are inexorably led to the conclusion. There is no random thought or intuition allowed. The 'clean up' that it requires you to do at the beginning of each scene is ridiculous as it has no basis in reality and the puzzles, for the most part, seem randomly inserted.

Other mystery games do a much better job at mimicking police work (i.e. dusting for fingerprints, investgating the scene for evidence, etc.) and allow you to make mistakes so you can actually improve as the game progresses.

This game took me a couple of hours to complete and only had a single case on it. The CSI game took me a week and I was on holiday at the time so 10 hour flights plus any spare moment I could get. I recommend other mystery games instead.
on 9 November 2009
This game is so ridiculously easy, I completed it in just over 3 hours!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPLETE LET-DOWN OF A GAME!!!!
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2009
Cant believe this game only had seven chapters, I agree with the other reviews, it is a waste of money. I read James Patterson books and could not wait to get this game but wish I had not bothered buying it as I was most disappointed.
on 13 November 2009
I competed this game within 5 hours. I was very disappointed, as the game did not live up to the hype advertised on the television. I would not recommend this game to anyone.
on 9 November 2009
I wish I had waited for the reviews before buying this. Like the reviews before, this game is stupidly easy - 3 hours to complete and all the puzzles were annoyingly simple. The graphics were nice, gameplay was awful!! Don't waste your money on this rip off - cashing in James Pattersons name.
on 26 November 2009
I'm a James Patterson fan so when this came out - I had to get it.
Overall the game was fun - but if I had the choice to buy it again I wouldn't - only because I managed to finish it one day.
The game needs to have a few more different crimes etc. to make it worthwhile.
on 17 November 2009
I was really excited about this game after seeing the adverts, as I am already a fan of similar games such as csi and professor layton. however, i finished this game after playing it for around 4 hours, on and off over a weekend. The advert is misleading as it makes it sound as if you will have lots of puzzles to solve etc and you will play as different characters but actually it is a fairly boring game with a pretty rubbish storyline. certainly not worth the money I paid for it.

See one answered question