Customer reviews

Price:£12.80+ Free shipping

on 31 December 2009
This Toy is a load of Rubbish and a waste of money,
you need two people to hold each end as it just falls down
Then the car needs to be revved up,difficult,even for a Adult.
Doesn't work, waste of money.
on 29 December 2009
My son thinks this is his worst toy ever. It is badly made. The stands don't stand on its own but need books to hold them down. He can't even get the car to reach the other end a single time as it kept falling off the rope. Don't buy it!
this is the worst toy i think i have ever bought, stupid set up which requires a ton of weights to keep it inline, just to ge the car to stay on. wouldnt recomend
on 18 January 2010
I bought this toy for my littleboy and it doesn't assemble properly once put together also the car didn't really go across the rope like i thought it would, not the best purchase i have ever made.
on 4 February 2010
This is fab idea for a playset to add to the rather good GX Racers range but it is actually quite difficult to get the car to run the full length of even a short tightrope. Firstly, you need something very heavy on the bases of the platforms at each end to hold them steady otherwise the string sags as soon as the car gets on it and then it falls off or the whole thing falls over. Secondly, once you get it steady (we had an adult using a foot to steady each end) it can be quite difficult to get the car to go along the tightrope, if it doesn't approach at the right angle it again falls off.

GX racers in general are very good but this set is a bit to difficult for younger children to use.
on 25 April 2010
This toy is a load of rubbish. 6 people tried it in my house ranging of the ages 8 - 41 and none of us mannaged to get the car across the line,apart from an adult, but adults will not play with a toy its pacificaly for chilren NOT ADULTS. This toy is a waste of money and time. dont buy it!I am 8 years old and I hated it. From a childs point of veiw DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!
on 11 November 2010
I recently bought this item from another outlet and it was on my Amazon recommendations at a lower price so i clicked on it and then saw the rating. On reading the reviews i have decided to take mine back to the store as i do not want to give my son a bad present for christmas. I have never seen such bad reviews and am inclined to believe them. Thank you to all those who posted reviews.
on 27 April 2011
As the other reviews have said it is impossible to get a car to cross the rope once, we have all tried in our house and nobody did it.
A child will be disappointed and bored by this in minutes. It is an utter waste of money.
The manufacturers cannot have done any product testing on this or they would know that it does not "ride on the line". The only terror with this tightrope is the frustration at trying to get it to work as advertised!
If this was not given to my son as a present I would take it straight back. It is being falsely advertised and is very misleading.
on 10 April 2013
I completely agree with the sentiment of other reviews - it's fiddly to set up correctly, and getting the car to complete it's 'perlilous' journey is far from easy. However, we (me + 4 year old son) both had it working reasonably well - we had it set up with a 2 metre line, and the car probably made it across once every 5 or so goes. So, get it all aligned, and it's pretty good fun. I actually quite like the fact it doesn't work every time, but perhaps I'm just odd like that :-) I have spent £6 on many worse things, that's for sure.
on 23 July 2011
Please do not waste your money buying this toy. It simply doesn't work. We can't get the car to stay on the line for even 10cm let alone the advertised 10 feet. Despite clicking it into place, the car frequently falls apart. Unfortunately this toy was a present given to my son for his birthday so we can't return it. It will soon be going in the bin Instead. DO NOT BUY IT!!!