Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.49

VINE VOICEon 22 July 2009
I received this amazing album as a birthday present and I'm in love with the Capercaillie sound all over again. Karen Matheson's voice is sensual and velvety as ever and the band's playing is always exceptional and an absolute treasure to listen to. Karen's voice throughout this album is beautiful and haunting in its delivery. The musicians also let their individual talents shine throughout this CD and they aid Karen's voice effortlessly.

On listening to this album a couple of times all the way through, I feel that they are pretty much back to their best as heard on their earlier albums 'Delirium' and 'To The Moon'. I don't have a particular favourite on this outstanding album but if I was to choose one I would pick 'Soldier Boy'. There's something about its hauntingly beautiful lyrics and the band's playing. But ultimately I will choose the entire album cause all the tracks are stunning.

Capercaillie have made some exquisite albums over the years and they remain firmly my favourite band I've heard. This album has cemented that claim and I think this album is top quality and pure listening pleasure. This is my kind of paradise.
on 4 April 2008
Its been a long wait but its been worth it. Another album of superb music from the band with the sublime voice of Karen at its best again. Well worth buying if you are a fan. Enjoy.
on 24 February 2013
I first saw this band in live concert on Alba TV and was blown away by their skill and performance. These songs are beautiful and the whole album is great listening. Excellent.
on 11 September 2009
A more traditional recording from Capercaille but very enjoyable nonetheless. Great foot tapping rhythms and the wonderful voice of Karen Matheson to complement everything.
on 9 January 2010
bought this from a friends wish list, easy to do and delivered in time for birthday.
on 18 February 2008
After listening to this band for over 20 years and never been disappointed with any of their recordings this latest cd after a very long 4 years is another superb listen. Very smooth and full of class. The stellar line up continues to produce music that you just can't fault. Personally I am pleased there are only 2 english language songs, but both are superb. Great production, stunning playing and then there is Karens voice. What more.....
The stand outs are tracks one through twelve, its that good.
Hope the next release is before 2012!!!
on 15 August 2014
As usual for this band excellent presentation and singing. It was very speedily delivered by the vendor.
on 12 November 2016
It's Capercaillie - so it's great! What else is there to say!
on 11 April 2008
Just a warning to those hoping for the old, brilliant capercaillie; this unfortunately continues the musak style of their most recent albums. With the play list showing many Gaelic (corrected my spelling) songs I thought I'd fall back in love with that voice but to me this music is neither here nor there. All the rough edges of traditional music are taken out and we are left with some songs that verge on the annoying.
Let me know if anyone wants to buy this album as they can have mine half price.
55 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2015
Lovely CD. So good, I've bought one for someone as a present.