Colour Name: Black Gold Trim|Style Name: Gift Boxed|Change

on 5 February 2014
I have to admit that I like good pens and in my job there is a lot of writing involved, so a comfortable pen is a necessity rather than a luxury,at least that is my excuse.
I find the Parker jotter pens too narrow for my hand and my fingers start to cramp when using them. I bought this pen because it is wider than the jotter pens and the chiselled finish looked as if it offered good grip, however my fingers grip below this feature which was a little disappointing.
The gunmetal finish is very unusual and striking, unlike any other pen which, hopefully, will help to prevent it falling into the hands of colleagues or being misplaced.
I was surprised at how light it is only 26 grammes, compared to my favourite pen the Parker Urban Metallic Chrome Trim Ball Pen which weighs in at 34 grammes, which I would like to use at work but is too wide fit in my uniform pen pocket.
I find it very comfortable to write with and I look forward to using it at work.
If you like good quality, comfortable and unusual pens then I would recommend that you seriously consider this one.
review image
I was bought this as a birthday gift by my brother (along with a Star Wars Moleskine book).

This is a very nice pen. All metal construction, so it has a bit of weight to it therefore making it very comfortable to hold (for me anyway). After writing a few pages with such a weighty pen some people may feel like their hand is aching a bit so if you like a lighter weight pen I'd give this a miss.

Made from brass covered in gunmetal with a brushed chrome trim and a deeply chiseled technical design, this is the kind of pen you don't mind taking from your jacket as it has that classic Parker build quality with a modern edge.

It is a ballpoint and has the click type button on the top with the classic Parker arrow pocket clip. There's only so much you can say about a pen isn't there? So how does it write? Very well, feels good in your hand, well balanced and is what I would call a lovely writer! It also takes your standard Parker refills.

I can see this being my favourite pen for quite some years to come.
on 12 April 2013
I bought this as a gift. At first, I feared that the pen would look boring, but it looks really nice and more expensive than it is. The weight is not too light nor too heavy. It comes with a blue ink refill already installed. The gift box is beautiful and suits the colours of the pen. It also writes very smooth. I might buy another one for myself. However, one thing I'd like to note is a part of the description here is incorrect. This pen has a push, not a twist mechanism.
on 21 July 2012
If you are like me and really enjoy a high quality writing instrument with a good weight not to light and not heavy it is one of the best pens parker has ever made. This seller really knows how to send a product without the risk of being lost/damaged. Please do buy from this seller if you are considering buy this pen, truly a pen you will use time and time again, fits nicely in my filofax and easy to change the refill, and a genuine NEW UNUSED PRODUCT, WILL BE BUYING FROM THIS SELLER AGAIN :-)
on 20 February 2014
this pen has nice styling and is a good parker as usual. the only down side is thst my fingers slowly slide down the pen when writing, the pen is smooth and streamlined and doesn't give a good 'grip' texture.
on 25 June 2012
i already have 2 Parker ballpoint pen IM , one gunmetal and another one premium black . this IM Chiselled Gunmetal Lacquer is very nice , good balance and definitely looks like an expensive top range pen .
on 17 June 2010
This is a very good pen from the Parker Company, I have given it four stars, as with all Parkers, I change to refill from ballpoint pen to gel pen as this suits my style of writing. The pen is, as most Parker's are, nicely weighted and beautifully styled. I already have the mechanical pencil and have just ordered the matching fountain pen. What more can I say!
on 6 January 2013
Needing a high quality pen for the little writing I actually do now (and also being left-handed, which means some pens are worse than useful), I bought this after seeing positive reviews.

It's a great piece of kit - nicely weighted, fine workmanship (for a pen...), and a pleasure to use.
on 13 May 2014
I bought this for my daughter who is going to do her GCSE's in a couple of days. She loved it. It's a nice pen, good quality and writes well. It comes with a blue refill... gutted as she actually needs black for her exams. It was my fault though as looking at it again it does say that it comes with a blue refill. I've just bought a black refill pack (comes with 2 refills) so hopefully they will be delivered soon?
on 16 June 2016
This is now the fourth one of these I have purchased, two for my partner as he lost his first, and two for my mum. They both have jobs which require a fair bit of writing, and they both absolutely love this pen.

Not only does it look the part, but it's also very high quality and you won't end up with it falling apart in five minutes like cheaper pens. This will last a long time with the available refills, which are also reasonably affordable and are available in blue or black ink.

The pen is very smooth to write with, it's not at all scratchy but it's not so smooth that it's like writing with a paint brush. This is ideal for myself, my partner and my mother.

I couldn't recommend this enough. It's such a nice pen, and it's something so simple that you wouldn't think you would appreciate it that much, but you really do. Makes a lovely gift, or a nice treat for yourself and at a very reasonable price.