on 31 August 2010
When I first heard Calvin's track Acceptable in the 80's I was impressed, catchy cheesy disco with a modern twist. Being born in the 80's I greatly appreciated the lyrics :)

The Girls impressed me less, it was ok and listenable but I didn't love it and nothing else from I created disco really inspired me.

When he came along with Dizzee and on his own with I'm Not Alone, I was back into loving it and then when Ready For The Weekend came along, I had to buy the album and I did not regret it.

As well as all the great singles being on here, there are some other great tracks, in particular check out The Rain and my alltime favourite Stars Come Out.

C'mon...add this to your basket now.
on 8 April 2010
After his debut album: I Created Disco was disliked by reviewers and created little impact, Calvin returned with a whole new pack of killer dance tunes! The Scottish DJ has put everything into this follow-up album and it really pays off!

1. The Rain - 9/10, funky dance tunes mixed with Calvin's voice being 'played-around' with makes this a memorable track.
2. Ready For The Weekend - 9.5/10, not surprised that this was so popular! It mixes Mary Pearce's great vocals with Calvin's fabulous beats.
3. Stars Come Out - 10/10, my personal favourite. It has a great chorus! I'm extremely surprised that it hasn't been released!
4. You Used To Hold Me - 9.5/10, a somewhat emotional track that includes Calvin showing off his vocal ability.
5. Blue - 7.5/10, has some nice beats but just doesn't throw anything at you!
6. I'm Not Alone - 10/10, an absolutely incredible track. I'm not surprised it was number one! Perfect for parties!
7. Flashback - 9.5/10, Calvin clearly put everything into this track. It really is great!
8. Worst Day - 8.5/10, it has a nice chorus but does lack any 'oomph!'
9. Relax - 8.5/10, some nice beats but does not provide any sort of attempt at bringing in some vital lyrics except for: 'Relax!!!!'
10. Limits - 8.5/10, quite peaceful. Sounds like an electronic Temper Trap!
11. Burns Night - 7/10, probably the weakest song but does include a few nice changes of beat!
12. Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La - 9.5/10, a great pick-up after a poor previous song! It has some nice vocals mixed with some fabulous dance beats!
13. Dance Wiv Me (Extended Mix) - 10/10, no denying that Calvin is the star of this song - not Dizzee Rascal! His chorus really brings the song out of it's shell!
14. 5iliconeator - 8/10, this song shows a different side to Calvin with a piano as the base of the song!

So, to summarize this album, I'd say that Calvin barely puts a foot wrong and really has created an absolutely incredible set of tunes for you to dance to! It's perfect party material!
on 1 January 2018
Package arrived in good condition and on time. Album is very good, fast beats and I think better than his new album in charts today.
on 7 April 2018
What’s not to like about Calvin 😁
on 23 March 2016
Calvin has done it gain, top of the tree with this CD. All the tracks are great, even my very young grand children love it. We have to have in the car as they always want to hear it tracks from it. Highly recommended.
on 19 March 2018
As described thanks.
on 18 July 2012
This album really kicked him into the limelight so much more

Wish he'd go back to making some songs with his voice in it like this album, his new stuff is amazing mind you. But a few more tunes like 'Im Not Alone' wouldnt go a miss!

Get this album btw, cant beat it for a party.
on 26 July 2013
I don't know how anyone who likes dance music could not like the album, it's brilliant. I think there is only one song on the entire cd that I don't like. If your not familiar with Calvin Harris this is a great introduction to his music.
on 8 March 2017
Wife's favourite
on 21 September 2010
A great second album by Mr Harris.

The album starts off strongly with the varied and funky the rain, my favourite track on the album, it then flows nicely through all the recognisable chart successes that this album seemed to hurl out in abundance. Ending on a somewhat peculiar note for a 'dance' album with a bit of an acoustic vibe to tracks such as Burn's Night. But with Calvin's vocals remaining strong on these tracks they have their rightful place on the album.

Altogether a very smooth and easy listening dance album that is well produced and possesses some hidden gems, well worth investing in!