on 6 May 2015
I should clarify! I've come to Volbeat rather late, finding them on YouTube last year, via a friend. I've been buying the albums, starting with Outlaw Gentlemen, in the order I like them most and this is the 4th of the 4 that I've listened to that I've acquired. So, yes, it's their worst yet... And still worth 5* of course.

It starts with the usual Western-style slow intro (in this instance, as on OG / SL, a separate track) before ripping into Guitar Gangsters, and then moving through their usual repertoire of pace, power, bounce, energy, change of pace, slightly slower ballady / more sorrowful stuff. Bog-standard Volbeat - bloody good, in other words! Stand-out tracks for me are Still Counting and I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (which is a definite earworm), but frankly there's nothing duff or even filler-ish on the album. Buy it; it doesn't matter whether it's your first or last Volbeat album!
on 31 January 2015
I bought the latest Volbeat album and have been working my way backward, and this is the webut akest of the three I have so far bought. Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad album, but rating it alongside outlaw gentlemen and shady ladies and beyond hell, above heaven it trails in a distant third. Clearly Volbeat are a massive band capable of class albums (outlaw gentlemen & shady ladies) and excellent performances whether they be live or in studio performances, but I cannot get excited about this release. It started promisingly enough with the title track on through "Maybelline" but seemed to stutter after that, even down to a rather drab cover of the Misfits "Still Counting". This is an album of two halves: unfortunately the second half is merely okay. Trust me: I've heard their later releases and they are a hell of a lot better than this and many a band would cut their arm off to release an album of this quality.
on 10 December 2015
Volbeat is my favourite band and this CD is brilliant. I put it on while I air guitar around the house and while I am travelling to do some more awsome mountain biking. It just puts me in the best of moods. Oh yes.
on 22 August 2013
A good, easy to listen to album. Also a fair introduction to what seems to be a less metal, more melody VolBeat - at first (if you're new to the band) the vocals may have a faintly annoying quality - this isn't a critique of the vocals but of the similarity of vocal style on the different tracks - bear with it, believe me, it grows on you.
on 28 February 2017
If you never heard of volbeat have a listen if you want something bit different you will love volbeat
on 20 February 2018
excellent
on 15 July 2017
Great Album - just like their other stuff - recommended - nice mix of heavy and melodic tracks
on 10 June 2015
This is a great CD! Fantastic music! They are one of the best band in the world.
on 2 October 2016
Great album from a Great band.
on 14 May 2014
Brilliant! Just discovered this group and they are amazing! I've bought all their CDs and mp3s too. Can't wait to go and see them live!