Customer reviews

Style: Building-Block Cart|Change

on 19 March 2014
Disappointed these are far too small and even for over 3years difficult to stack. I am giving these away too expensive to send back. I am worried they are a choking hazard.
on 3 July 2017
grandson loves it so that's good enough for me, well made as is all Melissa and Doug items, would recommend
on 27 April 2016
Happy with purchase nothing really to report back.
on 14 December 2012
I bought this for my son for Christmas. I thought it was going to be bigger than it actually is. It's quite small for the price. It's good quality and probably very durable just very small.
on 15 July 2017
Good but smaller than expected
on 19 May 2017
My little girl will love this
on 23 October 2010
From the photograph of the blocks and the cart, we were expecting more normal sized blocks. Instead, when they arrived, we were really surprised to find that these blocks were tiny as was the cart they came in. We and our son were horrendously disappointed as they were not a suitable size for him to play with and we had to give them away, as it would have cost too much to return them. Tears ensued and frankly I'm quite cross that they didn't photograph the blocks beside a person in order to demonstrate that these are not the regular sized blocks but rather very small ones and it would then have been possible to immediately see they weren't suitable and avoid all this upset.
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2016
Excellent product my minded children have loved it
on 3 July 2015
As mentioned many times in these reviews, these are small blocks. I have no problem with the size. They were gifted to my 1yo (yes, the toy age is 3+). She loves to put things in her mouth but not these blocks, surprisingly. Even if she did, they wouldn't be a choking hazard as they're too big to fit fully into her mouth.

What I do have a problem with is the quality. I thought M&D products were supposed to be high quality. I won't chose to buy their products in the future.

I have taken from someone else's review as the words fit my case:
"The wooden blocks are badly cut and have rough edges, some have small splinters sticking out. Also the painted sections on the blocks are smudged and chipped in places making it look used."

Really, the blocks look used!! The cart is slightly better quality but it's also cracked and splintered. That's the best part for my LO - she likes to sit on it and try to pull herself along - Fail!

Buy something better.

I have added photos to show how bad this product is. Had it not been cellophane-wrapped, I would've thought it was a hand-me-down.
review image review image
on 9 November 2009
This is a lovely toy but I have to say I was dissappointed in the actual size of the blocks and the cart, they are pretty small.