Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.97

on 5 March 2008
This CD was beautifully spoken by a man with the most relaxing voice which would melt any body's heart into surrendering. My only critisism would be that the time lapse btween the first 34min yoga nidra and the 2nd 24 min yoga nidra is too short. You are awaken abruptly as he starts to talk you through the second one not giving your body enough quiet time to come round naturally. It is very good though and I use it almost daily! Fay Lochore ( Yoga Instructor in the UK) It IS Recommended!!!
on 3 April 2009
I'm a writer and researcher, and I spend far too much time staring at a computer screen. Unfortunately, even after I turn off my laptop, I often feel what I call "tired but still wired." These Yoga Nidra practices have become a favorite antidote for that feeling. After completing one of the practices, I feel calmer but also rested--sort of peacefully energized. The nearest I can compare it to is how I feel after a good walk on a really fine day.

Before I tried this CD for the first time, I worried that I would just nod off on my mat, but I find that there is enough complexity in Mr. Jewell's intonation to keep me centered and focused. I also find that the cello parts are both a pleasure to listen to and are richer and more engaging than the sometimes "plinky" tracks on yoga tapes. I have given this CD to friends and family--both devoted yoga practitioners and nonpractitioners--and it has proven to be a hit with all of them.
on 30 November 2008
I bought this on the strength of the first review, but unfortunately although I liked the english accent I did not care for the dull, deep and resonant voice. The changes in tempo were effective in stopping the mind wandering, but I specifically did not like the references to death of the body and prefer guided focus on light, life and vitality in my practice. If you want a simple and soothing introduction to yoga nidra I'd look for Derek Thorne's "Introduction to the Practice of Yoga Nidra" which is a light restful english voice with more positive associations (for me) than this cd. I thought that I should also add that I bought the James Jewell cd as a present for a keen yoga friend and she loves it. It's still not for me though - I have recently been using Swami Neel Kamal Saraswati's yoga nidra recording, which is excellent - Lovely voice, great visualisation, easy listening, but some people may not care for the foreign accent.
on 26 July 2011
I brought this CD, and have been using it for over a year. I love his voice, and really enjoy the short yoga nidra. I cannot comment on the download, but can't imagine why it would not be of a good quality. I do recommened this, as I am a Yoga Teacher, and give Yoga Nidra to my studens.
on 10 February 2013
As this is the first and only product of this type that I have I cannot compare it against anything else. I do find it relaxing as it gives your mind no time to think about the daily things in life and it helps to concentrate the mind on your body and breathing.

I expect to use this a lot.
on 18 June 2015
Thought it was going to be a nice relaxation cd but it asked you to imagine yourself in a very cold place, then a burning hot place, which I found stressful. Not recommended if you are looking for something that is going to give you peaceful experience!
on 5 July 2010
The sound recording is poor - almost like the guy was too close to the mic!
on 12 January 2014
Do not like it at all. No chance of relaxation with this sharp male voice. Waste of money to buy it.
on 12 January 2016
The second CD is so much better than this one, but it still has some useful elements.
on 23 June 2015