Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 August 2009
Stowamatic Deluxe Cart / Trolley Bag

This bag is great value for money. It looks and performs well.
I bought the bag with a Stowamatic Titanium GT Electric Golf Trolley as it has a Stowalock end to prevent it twisting on the trolley. The Stowalock end is a deep cross-shaped recess I imagined would fit into an equivalent (mirror image) shape on the trolley's lower bag support. This is not the case so the bag does turn on the trolley during use.
I screwed a small trial(using MDF) matching shape to the trolley support and now the bag locks into the trolley and does not move (twist, turn or fall off), the bottow strap is also now redundant. It's a pity the manufacturer didn't provide a simple add-on for this.
I am very pleased with this purchase, the trolley and bag look great, perform well and represent good value for money. Fingers crossed that the combination stands the "test of time".
22 Comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2012
I've been using this golf bag for some months - in all weathers. It is well designed, sturdy and has plenty of hand grips. Separates the clubs well so easy to organise. The cold drinks compartment is really useful.
on 31 May 2010
Having a new electric trolley, I needed a new bag and this was both a great price and really good bag. Loads of pockets for segregating clothes, tees, balls etc and very light too with individual club sections to protect your clubs. The straps for your shoulder store neatly against the trolley when not needed to prevent trailing them around - a very well thought out and great value bag.
on 10 October 2014
Very poor quality! The pockets have all but fallen apart due to poor workmanship. When contacting the company was offered a £10 gift voucher! Very poor customer to service too. Only used the bag for 6 and a half months. Buy something else if you want long lasting quality.
on 25 April 2014
The zips are The zips are poor and the fabric around some zips have split already-looks good but not very functional
on 27 February 2011
Seems an ideal bag but I had to modify my trolly otherwise the bag rubbed on the small trolly wheels. Would proberably have been fine if I had the stowmatic trolly, mine is a Hill Billy.
on 6 January 2012
Bag looked great and has plenty of pockets and room for clubs. The cover is a bit flimsy but the real problem became clear on its first outing when the bottom of the bag let in water. It was a showery but not particularly bad day. Obviously not a bag for our climate!
on 12 March 2014
The primary reason I chose this bag was because the picture made it look like it was made of the same kind of material as tour bags. i.e. non-porous and so waterproof. It's not. It's the same kind of porous man-made material that other non-tour-bags are made of.

So, there's that, which isn't really anyone's fault (I certainly don't feel deceived) but there's a couple of other things I'm not keen on:

Firstly, the cool pocket for drinks and food is pretty small. It's big enough for my water bottle but if I put in some sandwiches they get squashed, and who wants a squashed sarnie?!

Secondly, the holes between the dividers for the clubs are just a tad on the small side, which means I sometimes 'miss', or the clubs gets stuck as I try to take the club out. Also, the cavity seems to suffer the same thing that every other bag I've used suffers, which is that the lining seems to come loose so grabbing on the handles and, again, making the club get stuck on the way out or in.

Still I don't want anyone to be under the impression that I think this is a bad bag. It's not. It's sturdy and well made and does have lots of pockets. The cool pocket will of course be fine for anyone who doesn't carry sandwiches (or at least, not as many sandwiches as I do!) and I think that it probably really is only tour bags that are made out of the non-porous material (so just call me naive).
on 21 May 2013
This is the 2nd Stowamatic bag I've had, the 1st was bought as a present. After 15 months one of the zips on the clothing pocket ripped & the emblem stiching started to unravel long before that. I ordered a replacement as the price & overall design were good. However the emblem stiching started to unravel after 2 rounds - I know this this doesn't effect the bag's function but it looks tatty! Waiting to see what happens in the near future on the zip front! I'm very careful with my golf gear and don't treat it roughly but perhaps a more thorough search for the ideal product will be on the cards on next replacement! Would recommend this with great caution, good design but workmanship not brilliant.
on 24 October 2014
My first new bag for several years - 3 months old now. Bought it because of the price and favourable reviews. So far very pleased because of the following-
Relatively light
Plenty of storage space - haven't been able to use all the pockets yet!
Nice colour
Important items easy to access.

Minor "issue" with the stitching on the top front lifting handle. This is not a problem so far and would not interfere with me using the bag should it get worse. I use this handle solely for lifting the bag on and off the trolley.

I realise that it is not a waterproof bag (there are included 2 pockets that claim to be), but for the price I wouldn't expect it to be. It's been out in a couple of heavy downpours and hasn't shown signs of distress - so far so good.