on 25 September 2012
I bought this DVD kit having attended two classes, as a way of learning the steps and keeping it up at home. I am allergic to gyms and boring exercise and although I do love walking, it is extremely boring doing this on my own. The DVD's are brilliant, as soon as you put them on and hear the music, you just want to join in and have fun. It's not like working out at all, more like joining in at a party, but afterwards, you do feel like you have had a great workout and need to take a shower. Advise everyone to have a bottle of water handy and also a small towel to wipe the sweat off.

I have only been to two Zumba classes and I'm hooked - It is so much fun and is nothing like going to a boring old gym or aerobics class. Having the DVD's at home, means you can learn the steps at your own pace, by playing them back as often as you need to, this helps when you attend your class as others may be more advanced then you and at least you have some idea of what you should be doing.

There are 5 DVD's to choose from depending on how much time you have, or what area of your body you want to target. The DVD's all worked perfectly and were of great quality (some reviews talked about bad quality and I wonder if they bought pirate copies off Eb*y or something). At £27.96, they are a bargain as it's almost twice that price from the Zumba website and I have also seen just the toning sticks without DVD's on Eb*y for £10. The toning sticks are lovely to hold, really comfortable grips on them, and at first, I thought they are so light they won't make any difference, but after you have used them for a while, you can feel that they do actually work your muscles.

The only problem I have had doing Zumba is in my knees and I think this is down to my heavy grip trainers. I was finding it hard to do the quick turns, as they were gripping the floor too tightly, and as a result my knees have been a bit achy. I have been reading reviews on here and have just ordered a pair of Bloch 512 fusion dance sneakers which I'm hoping will help as they have a much smoother sole with a swivel spot on them. My trainers were also causing cramp in my feet, but these sneakers have a split sole which allows you to bend your foot much more easily. Will update after they arrive and I try them out at my class.

So after all my ramblings - Yes I recommend the DVD's and toning sticks, because heading into a cold dark British winter, what more could you ask for then some fantastic south american carnival music to make you want to get up and dance and get your heart moving on a grey day. For the first time in my life I now understand what athetes say about the high and release of endorphins that you get after exercising - you really do feel much more energised afer a Zumba workout. It really does lift your mood and as everyone else has said it's "FUN".

UPDATE 05.10.12
Regarding the Bloch S524 Criss Cross Dance Sneakers:-

I tried them out today at my Zumba class and they were brilliant!! I was able to twist and turn much quicker as the swivel spot on the ball of your foot is designed to allow this movement. Also I had no more cramps in my feet and so far my knees are fine, no aches or pains.

I would highly recommend these shoes for Zumba or any dance class. Well worth the money.

Delivery was very prompt too, although there was a lot of un-neccessary packaging. As they are unbreakable I don't know why they need to send them in a big cardboard box, just a padded envelope would suffice.
on 10 November 2011
I am pleased with the Zumba Fitness DVD Exercise Kit. It took me a while to learn the steps and I found that as I have arthritis in my knees I had to improvise on one or two movements, (stepping sideways rather than crossing the knees), but I really love it now. The pace is very quick - so much so that I find I am shedding gym garments until I have only a gym bra and tiny shorts on(with a wrap handy in case I have to answer the door!) I am doing it at home for approximately one hour, five days a week. I find that I need to drink a 1/2 ltr. bottle of water, taking small sips, whenever there is a change of dance. I dont get hot like this in my gym, even though working out on bike and weights for 2 hours. The music is fun and I find I am singing it to myself afterwards. I have recommended Zumba to my friends as an excellent way of exercising and loosing inches. I can feel the good it is doing in my muscles afterwards, even in my bottom - which has really impresssed me. It is a very intensive workout but great fun to do. I guess I will eventually want more of the Zumba DVDs so will be looking out for more Amazon bargains.
on 28 January 2015
I really looked forward to this arriving; I couldn't wait to get started having seen it demonstrated many times on QVC.
What I found however was that it was just so fast to try to copy; the 'live' demonstrations on QVC were much slower than the actual DVD so were extremely misleading. I tried countless times to learn the dances and 'keep up' but it was impossible. Part of the problem is that you are looking at the DVD on the TV and so you are looking at a mirror image and trying to emulate it but, in my opinion, at way too fast a pace.
I was really disappointed with this set; it was a total waste of my money and I am one of the people who would have learned the dances and kept it up in order to get fitter and hopefully thinner too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 July 2012
My mum bought this DVD set a while ago and we used to do it at home together. Since moving abroad I decided i would get my own kit! The gyms in Germany do have Zumba classes but its so popular that its nearly impossible for new comers to get a place in the classes. I love Zumba because it's really about dancing to fun latino beats and it doesn't matter if you're not any good. The fact you're jigging and bopping around brings you to a sweat in 10 mins! My hubby loves it and he has no coordination-he ends up doing his own funky stuff and still has a good workout. The DVD booklet says to do Zumba every day with one day off in the week but for me it's too much. I aim to do three sessions a week and have already noticed after a month a slimmer waistline and tighter bottom and my fitness has improved alot. I weigh the same but my clothes feel looser and better. The kit contains 4 DVDs and 2 toning sticks/light weights. There is a cardio DVD, sculpt and tone DVD, an introduction basics and 20 min express DVD and a flat abs and live party DVD. There is definately enough variety to keep you amused and I for one get bored easily. This is a really good workout that makes you laugh and works a treat! There is also a booklet with tips and advice and an example menu for what to eat to help you loose weight. It's a really good all round and well thought-out kit!
on 6 September 2011
This is the second Zumba DVD I had bought. The first one was by the same person but I think it's much older and to be honest, I thought it was awful. I had been so excited by Zumba and then when I got the DVD I thought, is that what it's all about? I decided it couldn't be and went on the hunt for a decent, more up to date one and kept coming across this little bundle. Coupled with birthday money, I decided to try once more and purchased it. I have not been disappointed. It really is fun. I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination and although sometimes I get a bit lost, mostly I'm fine. The golden rule is just keep moving if you can't keep up or work out what they are doing.

My favourites out of all the package are the abs one which is 20 minutes long and really does work the abs but in a much more fun way than just sitting there and doing crunches! I usually do that one with the 20 minute express one which again is really easy to follow and not so long, that you faint at the end of it.... The other one for me personally is the toning sticks one. It feels just the right length for a great work out and is fun using the sticks.

If you can't get out for one reason or another (I've just had a baby) then I would strongly urge you to buy this package and just keep trying different ones. If you just do the 20 minutes ones, once, three times a week, you will see a difference. Then work up to the longer ones.

You'll love it!
on 18 March 2015
Great kit to start with, I loved it, one of the discs didn't work at all, so had to return it, hence the loss of one star, but the other discs were brilliant, rather than get a replacement I went for the exhilarate which is better since it has more discs to work from, but if you've not done it before this is the one to try first.
on 8 June 2012
I started a regular exercise and nutrition plan at the beginning of May - I was feeling overweight and unhealthy and decided a bit of an overhaul was needed. I am by no means a fitness freak - in fact I really don't like the gym at all, so wasn't sure how I would get on with these.

These DVDs are brilliant. I kick-started with the 10 day cardio plan (it claims to help you lose a dress size in 10 days, not sure this was the case but it definitely helped!) I now do the workouts about 3-4 times a week and also attend one class. I alternate between Cardio Party, Sculpt & Tone, Zumba Live and the short Abs work-out so it feels varied and not like I'm doing the same workout over and over again. I actually like Sculpt & Tone the best, it feels like you are working that little bit harder. The steps in all the DVDs are fairly easy, and I have to agree that it's not as intensive a workout as a full Zumba class. However, if you really give it some welly you DO work up a sweat and burn fat!

Almost 6 weeks down the line, I'm a stone lighter and noticing that I'm more toned all over. This is not just down to Zumba, but a sensible eating plan. However, doing these DVDs has made a massive positive impact and I will definitely continue with them. It's early days but I'd go as far as saying that they have changed my life as I never thought I'd find a form of exercise that I loved doing day-in-day-out.

Big thumbs up; buy these - you will not be disappointed.
on 21 May 2012
Hello

I purchased this Zumba Fitness DVD about a month ago and can not put it down. Its excellent value for money and £20 cheaper than Argos.
I have been going to Zumba classe's for the last 18 months, but the cost per month does add up if you go two or three times a week. We do have it on kinnect, but I can never get to do it as the kids have always got it, so i decided i would try this one. Its just a normal DVD following the team and doing what they do. The DVD comes with toning sticks and a book, which gives you exercise options to follow if you want to do a routine over 10 days or so. You dont have to do this, but i prefer it. There is also a healthy eating plan to follow if you wish.
Its a really good workout & is great fun at the same time, and i cant say that about any other exercise DVD i have tried. Coming from a dancing back ground this is right up my street, and its also for all ages. You can go at your own pace.
I love it and would recommend it to anyone.
on 14 June 2012
I have always hated the gym and tried various other workout videos that I soon get very bored of. This is without a doubt worth every single penny. It is so much fun. Ok I used to be a dance teacher and therefore I didn't need any of the basic teaching etc offered on one disc. However, saying that I did take a peek at it and I think if you were a beginner the teaching method is excellent. I have been addicted now for approx 5 weeks and can't see it letting up. Just wish that Beto would bring out a few more DVD's to add to the collection to keep it spiced up. I would strongly recommend this. Its fun and you smile through the pain...Tee hee!!! Even if I have a bad day at work and go home right moody I can guarantee by the time I've finished I feel in a much better place. It certainly gets those 'feel good' neurotransmitters whirling around your body and up to your brain. If you want to do something different and jolly good fun at that, whilst losing weight and feeling fitter, then this is an absolute must to have next to your trainers. Good luck and enjoy
on 29 November 2012
This product is really REALLY good! Exactly what you need if you are planning to begin an exercise regime like myself- the dance instructors are really good and give great explanations of how to do each step and the workouts are fun. Each CD has approximately 50 minutes of dance workouts and the pack comes along with a diet plan and a warm up instruction booklet.

I'm really excited to continue using it- has made me feel excited about exercising all over again as I am a beginner.

A great gift to yourself to increase stamina and wellbeing!