on 2 July 2011
This cookbook is just the best.
The diet it covers is really simple when it comes to ingredients but my imagination had a hard time dealing with this simplicity.
But with McDougalls cookbook it all changed and I now make really delicious meals quick and easy.
Eating good food and getting healthier - who can ask for more?
on 20 May 2013
It's full of hints and tips and the recipes are interesting and have variety. You don't have to follow all the guidelines (eg I'll continue to use olive oil) and you'll still feel the benefit of looking at your diet from a different angle.
on 19 November 2014
A great book to accompany "The Starch Solution" or in its own right. Lots of starch- and plant-based recipes which involve fewer ingredients, and are quicker to prepare, than those in the author's other publications
on 3 August 1999
It's wonderful to finally find a healthy vegetarian cookbook with easy to prepare meals, and easy to find ingredients! I was skeptical at first about cooking without oil, but it actually tastes better, and I feel lots better too. I also wasn't sure about giving up dairy, since I love cheese, but I haven't missed it yet, and don't think I ever will! Besides feeling and looking better, we're also saving money on our weekly grocery bill.
on 3 June 1999
I loved the McDougall Plan, but found it really hard to keep up with until I found this book. Now it is the easiest, most delicious way to lose weight and have energy.
on 17 June 2013
This book has helped although I only picked a few decent meals from it.

I have to say going vegan was the best thing I ever did with my life!!!
on 21 June 1999
This was the first Mcdougall book I bought. The recipies take only 15 minutes or less to prepare and the taste amazing. If you buy only one Mcdougall book it should be this one. The ingredients are also very easy to find, unlike other vegetarian cookbooks that have you buying things only from natural foodstores. I ended up losing 40 pounds in 4 months by using this book and Dr. Mcdougall's other ones.
on 8 August 2014
Ideal for people on the whole food plant based diet who find it difficult to find time for more time consuming dishes. Amazing what you can whip together in such a short time. Really helps busy people stay with this wonderful life saving nutrition plan
on 28 July 2015
Love it, I have tried and tested around 10 recipees now and browsed them all. The only beef I have is a bit too many condiments and additives of none wholefood kinds. They can be hard to find here in Europe plus I prefer a more wholefood based cooking. It is nice for making fast dishes on busy days. Love them potatoes!
on 30 March 2015
I enjoy cooking healthy food, I mainly eat vegetable dishes. This book has inspired me to go vegan, I have been gradually eating more and more vegan meals, I am 80% there.