Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

• Xx

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 4 December 2016
great!!!
on 10 January 2016
Fantastic album, bought as a Christmas present and they love it too.
on 5 February 2014
I'd listened to a few tracks by the XX, and given their downbeat, experiment kinda style I bought this on whim 'cause I love people who are off the wall and push boundaries. Sadly, it was a bunch of samey crap. Skipping through the album, every track sounds exactly the same of the last one. It's 39 minutes of boring music that doesn't doesn't progress or build or change at all. Just because a band seems a little off-the-wall doesn't mean you should rave about them because you're "so indie", which is where i'm guessing most of the high reviews came from. Yeah, fine, it's different to everything else, but that doesn't make it any less dull. Don't just buy this because you think you're cool for having it on your iPod. If you can genuinely cope with and enjoy it, go right ahead but I'm pretty sure you're part of a minority in the The XX fans.
on 29 December 2010
After watching the mercury awards this year, I was keen to listen to the xx's album as it won the prize over a personal favourite (foals-total life forever). After giving this album a once through its clear to see the right band won. the album is so well produced and each song was nicely different to the last. you know its gonna be a good album when the intro to the album sets you back a couple of notches. favourite songs have to be fantasy, shelter, islands and vcr. this vinyl is well worth having and perfect for chilling out or having on in the background whilst doing everyday tasks.
on 23 October 2010
I like progressive music and when I listened to the opening track 'Intro' I was pleasantly surprised. What an amazing piece of music that is.

If only the rest of the album was more of the same. Unfortunately not.

The remaining 10 tracks are very boring at best.

How can an album sound completely flat, yet appear to go steadily downhill at the same time, like some kind of aural-illusion.

Well, tracks 2-10 of this album do exactly that.

As I said, I like progressive music but I like it the other way round: Progressively better, not worse.

Sorry.
on 15 October 2010
I bought this album on the back of the band's Mercury Prize win and after hearing the moment of musical genius that occurs during seconds 19 through to 32 of the Crystalised track. Unfortunately, I've found the remainder of the album to be generally disapointing. I'm not sure where this album sits in my music collection; it's not a nice album to listen to whilst driving and it's too repetitive to listen to at home - it becomes an annoyance. I've given the album 3 stars instead of 2 because it's not awful and Crystalised is a very good track.
on 27 September 2016
I really love this album, The novelty hasn't worn off yet.
on 11 September 2015
Modern classic, one of the best albums of the past decade!
on 9 January 2011
The musics are very nice and the box is fantastic, very simple.
Congratulations.
Rita
on 23 July 2014
Disc in such bad condition can't play half the songs?