Customer reviews

on 19 April 2017
Great product. Works perfectly as a green screen. Good material.
on 12 April 2010
This product is excellent. I've now bought a number of photographic items from Photosel and they keep going up in my estimation. The green screen is very well made; it is hemmed all the way around, with a rod pocket along the top edge so it can be slid onto a support stand. You can even use net curtain wires to hold this up, or drape it over an existing curtain rail or (as I did) a microphone boom stand.

The screen is very long, which is excellent since it gives you a 'train' which allows you to key an entire person, feet included! Most video editors these days have either masks or 'cookie cutters', so it's not even necessary for the green screen to fill the frame - as long as you have coverage of the actor. When it arrives the screen has been folded a number of times and it will benefit from a wash on a cool cycle followed by a really good ironing session!

The colour consistency across this massive screen is excellent. The green is very strong and easy to key out, and both After Effects and Sony Vegas make a great job of it even with shadows and inconsistent lighting. I have had great results under some trying conditions, so I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out with proper lighting!

The bag is flat and measures 8x19" (20x48cm), so this is about how much space the background takes up when packed. It's probably about an inch or so thick when folded up. I don't have the means to weigh it but Amazon suggests the packed weight is 2.3Kg, although I have to say this seems a bit of an overstatement.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2012
This product has a very reasonable price. Comes perfectly packed, and the bag (wich is not big, despite the size of the screen) is quite useful to store it. Obviously you have to iron it and roll around some cylinder when you are going to use it, because storing it in the bag will leave plenty of folding marks.
I was surprised when I saw the color... is quite dark. I've been using light green for chroma key film production, since I have read fluorescent-like colors work best for chroma. Not tested the screen yet, but since users state that's the perfect color for chroma productions, I will believe it will work. Guess when lighted the dark green will change to light green without being almost yellow (which happens if you use light green screens).
My main disappointment with this product is opacity. You expect a chroma screen to be perfectly opaque, to avoid darkening caused by objects behind it. I use chroma for school productions, so most of the times I have to fix screens to the wall, and walls tend not to be perfectly flat; also they have decorations that will produce darker zones or even see through.
My previous chroma screen was like this: 80% opaque. I bought it in a fabric store for a far more expensive price, and lower dimensions.
Summing up, switching to this screen was (I hope) a good deal to me since it was cheap for the dimensions it has, but be careful because it is very thin and you will be needing a perfectly matte surface to attach it to.
on 28 June 2010
"lost" my old screen so after reading the reviews I decided to purchase this one - it is massive!

However its size enabled me to do other things using green chroma that my old screen could not do.

One thing to watch out for though - I washed it to help in the ironing and it shrunk! - so beware!

Would most definately reccommend the stand to use it on - simply because of its size.

Bag is a bit of a joke - similar to the sleeping bag bags - the ones that you can never seem to get the sleeping bag into! So i will be using something else to store this in.
on 9 March 2010
this green screen is massive! it is the perfect colour for chroma keying but is ginormously massive, i would reccomend a backgroung stand for it, to stretch it out but overall, its worth the money!
on 25 August 2009
This is exactly what I wanted. Arrived in Great time and well packaged - very good condition. If you want to do the real thing buy this. It's great
on 30 January 2012
This is a simple background in cotton fabric. It does it's job, but needs lots of preparations before first time use. This is a 3x6 meter piece of cotton, and packed nicely into a bag with the size of aprx 30x40 cm when you receive it. That means you will use hours to iron it, and the money you save compared to a prerolled solution, will probably not be worth the time used on ironing (after washing it...). I bought 3 different (colors) of this product, and ended up sending them all to professional cleaners (that also do the ironing). This service has the same price as each of the backgrounds...
on 13 January 2012
it is arrived in 2 days from England to Rome Italy - the green is perfect and it is large and high enough for video recording 5 or 6 people together so I'm very happy with this PhotoSel BK13 CG and the price is Human and you can take it also around in other studios with no problem .To show video example I made with this Green Back Ground I'm waiting Amazon.co.uk will give us the opportunitie to insert Youtube Link because now it is not possible and I don't know why and to upload videos from zero here I don't like - I do prefer to link a video .
on 15 December 2011
What can you say about a big green sheet apart from it's big and it's green! Does an excellent job, is a good size and the colour uniformity is spot on. If you are doing 'chroma' work then I would definitely recommend this. If you just want a big green sheet then I will still recommend it!
on 21 January 2013
An affordable entry level green screen of a lightweight material that comes complete with it's own storage pouch. My only gripe with this screen is that it is easily creased and even after an extensive steam iron I still did not manage to rid the the backdrop of all its creases. So unless you either stretch the screen out over your background support system or evenly light the screen, the creases will show through. I use a Pro green screen software programme and after some time perfecting the lighting, I managed good results. Well worth the money providing you have the time to perfect your lighting technique.