on 24 January 2014
For the price it is fine. stops the heat from the laptop getting to your legs but still will after long use. The one I received was totally the opposite hand to the one advertised and the illustration on the box same as advert but mine has the light unit, cup holder at back anf pen slot on LH side so cant understand why? It is still usable as received though.
on 29 October 2013
Excellent value for money. However if you want to put a cup on the laptop desk whilst using the laptop you cannot if you have a average size laptop. However very pleased with desk as the padding is very comfortable.
on 3 December 2013
I needed to get away from my desktop during the evenings, so I bought a tablet PC with a Bluetooth keyboard. This cushion works beautifully, allowing me to sit comfortably in the lounge and continue working. It is a cheap item, simply made, but does the job.
on 9 January 2010
I bought this for my daughter for card-making/crafts. She says it's perfect. The light is very useful, the size of tray just right for cutting mat and craft knives etc. She's delighted.
on 2 November 2013
I bought this due to the fact that I cooked my hard drive by having my laptop directly on my lap! It was a very good price and seems to do the job very well as my laptop now doesn't get hot and it's comfortable enough using this, the cushioning is done by polystyrene balls so very light.
on 12 January 2016
This item is faulty! The desktop light does not work! On investigation I found that one of the springs (negative terminal) which connect the batteries inside the plastic battery box was completely missing, it is clear that it had been omitted during manufacture. So much for quality control!
Other than that it is no more than a piece of painted chip board with a bean bag containing a plastic bag of polystyrene beads! What more can one expect for £9!
on 3 February 2012
I am an avid knitter and enjoy reading while I knit. This lap desk is ideal - it is lightweight and large enough to balance a book rest on it, so I can sit in comfort with my knitting and my book! I do not use the light and find it a bit of a nuisance, but it could be useful in some circumstances.
on 9 January 2013
I use my latop on my lap all the time and used to use a cushion but my laptop used to get too hot. I was a little skeptical I ordered this after reading some of the reviews but I should not have worried. I ordered just before Christmas so paid a little extra for Frist class delivery and amazingly it arrived the next day! It arrived in perfect condition with the lamp in good working order. I now use it all the time. My laptop fits perfectly, although it covers the cup holder... the light is invaluable as my family love to watch TV in the dark and so I need to see what i am doing but can now remain in the same room as them. It also makes a great marking desk for me as I am always losing my pen when reading through a class of papers. My father is now going to buy one too!
on 7 October 2010
This item looked good in principle but I would agree with another reviewer, it was very cheaply made and fell apart within two weeks. The attached lamp never really lasted that long either.
on 12 January 2013
I used to use a cushion but it wasn't really practical.I looked at this and thought that I would give it a try and it has worked out really well.You cant use the cup holder as the laptop covers it,but then again you don't really put any drinks next to something like that.I would recomend for practicality and value.