on 30 May 2013
I bought this without reading the product compatibility section. Basically, this is for WIDE NECK bottles / something that you can get your hand in. I didn't see this (my mistake) and just assumed that I could attach to the end of my Ballihoo pressure cask. Can't get my hand in, so was a bit disappointed. To cut a long story short, I used a short section (approx 8 inches) of garden hose to connect the long plastic tube on the 'little bottler' to the stop tap on the pressure cask. The garden hose is rigid enough to exert an upwards force with the bottle to flow. I now have a pressure cask with detachable little bottler - don't forget to sterilise everything!
3 people found this helpful
on 24 March 2018
Works as expected... I adapted mine to work on the end of a syphoning tube for filling bottles...
on 29 September 2016
Fantastic product. Use it to fill most size bottles effortlessly from a fermenting bin, no more need to suck on a plastic tube to start the flow and risk disturbing the sedement at the bottom whilst bottling beer or wine.
on 20 August 2014
I have bottled just the one brew and can easily say this bottling wand is the best accessory. It beats having to siphon or fill bottles via the tap. Very few drips from a 5 gallon brew.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 February 2013
Got this for my husband for christmas and he says it is the best invention ever! No more mess or fuss when bottling his home brewed beer, no spillage, perfect product, he now doesnt know what he would do with out it!
One person found this helpful
on 20 January 2016
I cannot belive I've just gotone of these after homebrewing for over 30 years it's an amazing product, simplifying the bottling process no end.
on 17 March 2016
Bottling still takes ages, but with this it's easy and much, much quicker.
on 16 November 2010
This is the only way you should be bottling your beer. Forget siphoning, this is so much easier and you don't have to mess around sucking the end and then spilling most of it on the kitchen floor! The little valve at the bottom means it only starts dispensing when it touches the inside base of the bottle - fill up and then simply take the bottle away to stop. Easy.
6 people found this helpful