on 19 February 2010
I'm using this microphone in conjunction with an ipod touch for interviews and other vocal recording. (I'm a PhD student doing research.) I've been really surprised and impressed by the ability of this little mic to do such a great job. I can sit at a round table with 3 people and record all voices perfectly without adjustment.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 November 2009
This mike has to be a giant hidden in a tiny capsule, It is well designed, works like a desk mike, why is'nt everything this good? Would recommend this every time. * * * * * 5 stars.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 July 2010
I have just tried it out and it works very well indeed. What a bargain! At this price I will have several in different places (home, work, briefcase). the quality is sufficiently good that I will use this to record lectures at the university where I teach.
on 25 April 2010
Excellent delivery and good price - however the microphone appears to be a little underpowered - using with skype / ipod touch and people on the other end always say it's quiet - and I can't seem to up the gain control?? Very small and dinky!!Exeze Pico Microphone for iPod nano 4G and newer, iPod classic 120GB and larger, iPod touch 2G and newer, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS - Black
on 24 February 2010
I sent for this little gizmo to go with my ipod touch for recording friends playing music and speeches. Being so small means it can go in the corner of the smallest of pockets so your never without it. It also works well the the wind meter app as I go windsurfing,great little compact mic and it works.
on 16 January 2010
Excellent product to carry with you to use your iPod with Skype in emergencies and abroad.
on 28 November 2010
I bought this product to go with my ipod as i was due to be traveling and this is a far cheaper method of keeping in touch with the gf than using the mobile.

Works well no complaints. Works with Skype, no problems at all

It is very easy to lose and i ended up buying another one!
on 23 October 2010
This is a fantastic product that works from far distances. I use it in my school lectures and they pick up the professor from the back of the lecture hall!! Would definitely recommend this!! Also great service! Quick Delivery!!!
on 10 March 2010
Small external mic at a good price that does what it says on the box
on 12 April 2012
On my iPod Classic 160GB, this interfaces well with the in-built Voice Memo facility -- just clip it into the earphone socket and, voila, your iPod is a dictaphone. It also comes with a symmetrical cover for the jack, converting the mic into what looks like a large pharmaceutical capsule!

As with other similar products, this is not a hugely sensitive mic so if you are recording ambient conversations in an average living room, the playback volume will have to be 80-90% of max -- but I have found it sufficient to document family stories etc. Holding the device close to the mouth will obviously increase the signal hugely.

Once the Memos are recorded, synching with iTunes automatically moves the files from the Memos to the music library as wav files. You will have to manually rename them from the date-stamped original.

This is a cheap way to record conversations and I recommend it for that. But if you want something that is crisp and 'broadcastable', then look elsewhere.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse