on 19 November 2017
meh!
on 24 April 2015
It is very nice and it does the job great if you are gamer I would recommend this to all gamer out there
on 20 August 2013
I was enthusing so much over my new mat with its wonderful tracking & non-slip backing that hubby decided to try it. He liked it so much I had trouble getting it back. So now I've ordered a second one for him.
on 28 September 2017
Bought a hard mouse mat but got a soft one.
on 24 February 2010
When I received this item my first thought was "They're joking right?".

Upon unpacking I was greeted with what appeared to be a piece of reinforced paper with mild adhesive on one side. Had a really paid £10 for this?

As soon as I started to use it though, any negative thoughts soon disappeared.

The slightly tacky side holds it firm on your desk (it doesn't leave any residue either and it can be wiped clean), and the fact that it is thin means if provides the same firm surface your desk does, albeit with a much friendly surface for laser mice.

It will be a bit of a shock if you're used to soft mouse mats, but what it does mean is that it doesn't give the tracking issues I've had with gaming grade laser mice on soft surfaces.

I used to search around for the perfect surface for my mouse, changing every few months to the latest surface which promised to be the best. Since owning the Sphex I haven;t felt the need to look for anything else, which is the highest praise I can give it.

Highly recommended.
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 February 2013
Does exactly what it should do and hasn't been out of use since purchase. Nice to see good quality now and again.
on 29 January 2017
Only mouse mats I use now, I have 3 (one at every place I use my laptop frequently, I don't bother with the who,e peeling and resticking). Very low profile, excellent tracking surface, low friction, I don't know what more you could want. If you like gummy fabric mats definitely give it a go with an open mind. Certainly not the same thing. It's like using the mouse on a wooden table but with a perfect tracking surface. Tracking accuracy for low budget mice is excellent, but with a high budget mouse like Logitech G502 that offers surface calibration you won't get an advantage by going for a mat specifically for "tracking accuracy".
on 21 December 2016
Feels very cheap, material feels very plastic like for kids crafts.
on 5 September 2013
This is a great paper thin product giving a precise experience and just the right friction to feel in control moving the mouse around.

However, the surface is very slightly rough like very fine sandpaper. If you use for long periods of time and your wrist rubs on it continuously I have found that it will exfoliate your skin. Nothing major but noticeable and worth considering.
on 28 July 2015
This product is absolutely incredible. Its paper thin, sticks to the table and does not move an inch.

Its shiny, stays clean, does not collect dust and looks STUNNING on the table. I recently purchased a new Logitech MX Master mouse and it goes with this like a charm.

I couldn't recommend this product more, if you need a mouse mat don't waste your money with the other garbage out there, YOU HAVE FOUND THE GOLDEN GOOSE.
review image