Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Style: Stand|Change

on 20 November 2011
I ordered this Heavy Duty Double Braced Keyboard Stand - and was impressed with the speed of delivery, packaging, good design and high quality of the stand. However when having assembled it (very easy) and set my Yamaha Piagerro keyboard onto the stand, the surface onto which the keyboard sits was far too large in area, possibly more than twice the space necessary for a 'proper' fit. The result was that the keyboard slides around on the two tubular brackets and does not look or feel correct. Whilst I would wholeheartedly recommend this product and the excellent delivery service received, it maybe sensible to check which stand Yamaha suggest for your keyboard before ordering.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2010
I bought this keyboard stand as a basic cheap model for my son's new keyboard (a very lightweight Yamaha PSR E323). But when it arrived we were amazed just how solid it was. It has an excellent mechanism for locking into place at the right height, so there is no movement and no risk of it collapsing. My husband plays a Roland Fantom G8, which is probably one of the heaviest keyboards on the market, and this stand is sturdier than the one he currently uses for that. Excellent value for money - £20 is a bargain for something this impressive!
on 10 April 2016
This is a good, sturdy keyboard / digital piano stand. Before making the purchase, I debated between this type of stand and something more fixed (such as the wooden stands with fixed pedals). I decided that an adjustable stand would be best for flexibility and mobility. I don't do much "gigging" but when I do need to play somewhere else, within 5 minutes, I can easily pack away the digital piano with this folding stand and a folding seat and put it all in the car ready to move.

I typically use this whilst sat down, so it tends to be set fairly low, but its range is supposed to be between 23cm and 99cm, which is comfortable enough for playing while standing (and I'm 6'1 tall). When seated, the cross bars are quite close to my legs, and with long lanky legs like mine, I occasionally feel like I'm bumping against it.

The stand is sturdy enough for a full digital piano and comfortably holds my Casio CDP-120. The stand is deeper than necessary, so if you place a keyboard at the front edge, it will gradually (or rapidly) slip backwards until it hits the rubber grips. After a while, the rubber grips will start to slide off the stand, so be aware of this issue or one day, you may witness your piano disappear from in front of you. Generally, even with a bit of slippage, the stand retains its balance and I know that I could probably prevent any slipping by adding some rubberised tape to the top of the stand, or attach grips or straps on the underside of my piano to hold it in place. So far, I haven't felt it necessary to do that, but the slippage thing appears to be a issue for some people.

The locking mechanism is very quick and easy to adjust, and sturdy and reliable when fixed. This may be obvious, but let my stupidity educate you and don't try and adjust the stand while the piano is still on top. I made that mistake once and quickly realised how hard it is to hold up a digital piano whilst yelling for assistance. Lesson learned. Remove the piano, THEN make the change.

In summary, this is good value for money, with enough flexibility and mobility for someone who moves their piano around a lot. Just watch the slippage!
on 1 June 2012
I recieved mine quite quick, thought it was very good at first. But afterwoods the handle broke and it became hard to use.
on 18 July 2012
NEW 2012 IMPROVED Heavy Duty & High Quality Double Braced Keyboard Stand with Quick Release Handle Mechanism - [[ EXTRA STRONG Double X Structure  - Padded Keyboard Supports & Height Adjustable + FREE 2 YEAR WARRANTY]] An ok, sturdy Keyboard stand with quick release handle for various hight settings. Only BAD point is that the rubber sleeves ('padded keyboard supports') on the bars aren't long enough to avoid my FULL SIZE keyboard slippping!!! :-(( Still, it's good value for money despite this. Fast Delivery!
on 5 May 2013
Our Yamaha PSR 200 keyboard slids about on the two supporting bars which are of unequal length. To stop the keyboard sliding on this metal stand we use a 120cm x 30cm multi-purpose non slip mat obtained from our local "99p Store". Stand height adjustment is easy.
on 13 December 2013
Big package arrived (within a very quick time), I opened the packet, inwardly sighing & wondering whether the screw drivers had been returned to the tool box. Then I pulled out the keyboard stand - just one piece - spotted the oh so simple lever, clicked it into place & hey presto one stand ready to go! Thanks to the genius who thought up that system - it couldn't be quicker or simpler to adjust...Great value for money too!
on 25 December 2014
Looks nice, but won't fit my new Yamaha YPT230 in any respect. As it would have cost 50% of the buying price to send it back for a refund, I sawed off the ends of the cross-arms to 8.75 inches and fitted the plastic end plugs back into the shortened tubes. This allowed the arms to fit into the two grooved in the keyboard's underside. Two holes were then drilled through the centre of the tubes to accept securing bolts. I also located a pair of steel bolts of the correct thread to fit the two bolt-holes in the keyboard and am in the process of setting them into two moulded plastic knobs for ease of tightening.
The keyboard now fits as good as the original Yamaha stand, at 1/3 the price. I understand the whole range of Yamaha keyboards have the same fitting so this stand would adapt to any of them.
on 19 December 2016
This adjusts well and was simple to put together.

I only gave four stars as the rests for the keyboard are only non slip at the ends, so not great for our slim keyboard. We have fixed this ourselves.
I ordered this Stand together with the Tiger Keyboard bench on the strength of previous feedback and I'm absolutely delighted. They arrived together within 2 days, were well packed and assembled in seconds. No tools or scratching of heads required. They are both sturdy and well-made, ideal for their respective jobs in my home. They're not bad-looking either. Thank you Tiger, DJM Music and Amazon. Great quality, great price.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling