Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Kipling Defea, Women's Top-Handle Bag, Emerald, One Size
Size: One Size|Colour: Emerald|Change
Price:£69.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2009
I am a kipling fan, let's make no bones about that, and most things kipling please me. They are uniformly well made, good colours and joy of joys they can be thrown in the washing machine and laundered as and when they need it, giving them much more longevity than normal bags.
The Defea is for women like me who carry a lot of random stuff around. Not only does it have the usual slots for phone, mp3 and the like, but it also has plenty of pouches and places to store keys, makeup, cheque books, credit cards and so on. Add to that the main compartment of the bag easily takes one sony vaio notebook, mouse, spare battery pack, mousemat and two university books along with a notepad (the paper type) and pens, and STILL has room for the heap of old receipts, the purse and the assortment of clutter I hike around with....and it is still NOT FULL.
The capacity of this bag is even more amazing given that it does not look that large from the outside.

When I am not carrying around heaps of study material, I have loads of room for small amounts of shopping in this bag, meaning no carrying around a spare bag, and this for me is a great bonus.

Reliable and sturdy, I cannot fault this most favourite bag of mine, and the colour is a nice one too - it is advertised as Emerald green, and I thought it would be bright and loud, but it is not, just a nice deep emerald colour, not at all youthful and funky.

Highly reccomended and the best bag I own!
33 Comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2013
Pay attention. What follows is my first rezension about Defea put on amazon de which you could have read time ago. I leave here the same just because I have many DEFEA !!!! I am a real fun of it!!! I hope this will be the last one, but I am not sure..ah..ah…

“”First of all I am a huge and strong fan of kipling which I consider definitely the best handbags producer all over the world. Defea is amazing!!! You can’t imagine how many things you can stuff in it and how light it is! Now I have many of them and all beautiful colors. Full with pockets all of them large and big and for everything - pens, pencils, mobile, documents …etcetera..- I have no courage to put it in the washing machine (as someone does) but you can wash it very easily with some soap and water and hang it with the rest of your laundry. The possibility to wear it across the body is also very comfortable and nice. Shipment very fast, it arrived in Italy where I live in 2days and…LAST BUT NOT LEAST….with the best price all over the world !!!!! beautiful kipling and AMAZING AMAZON.!!! THANK YOU AND CIAO CIAO!””
on 9 December 2013
I love this bag. Masses of pockets and very clever design without being too bulky because of the lightweight material. Colour, I chose Very Berry, is vibrant and, well, I just love it!
on 21 December 2013
beautiful kipling bag, very big so great for me to bring everything i need for any occasion. love the zipped compartments inside and outside the bag great for my keys and phone. would highly recommend this bag, its my 3rd kipling bag and although i do not need to ever get another bag again as these are so strong and washable, a girl needs a variety of beautiful bags :)
on 26 July 2013
I haven't had chance to use my new bag but my first impressions are I'm very impressed with the quality of my first Kipling bag. I went for the Very Berry as I love pink and its most differently pink. I would certainly say to anyone thinking of getting a Kipling bag go for it. This one is very very roomy and will be great for my holiday in September.
on 9 July 2013
To be honest I didn't see what all the fuss was about Defea. Many Kipling fans love this bag and have them in almost every colour.
I ordered the Very Berry as it was half price and could always send it back. Amazon gets 10/10 for returns.
I can now see why the kip fans rave about it. It's a good size without being too long. iPad fits in which was one of the reasons I wanted it,
It's a great travel bag as it will also hold a book and a bottle of water easily. I like the zip pocket at the back too for extra security. The only slight negative is that the short straps do not really go over your shoulder but that's not a problem as there is a large cross body strap.
I'm sure I will be purchasing more Defeas in the future!
on 6 January 2014
love kipling bags we have 4 I have 3 daughters excellent quality I use this bag every day would highly recommend this product they even wash well on a low temp
on 16 July 2013
This bag is veryberry lovely! I have wanted a Kipling bag for a while and I am so pleased with it, but I am worried - I might want to buy some more ........
on 24 July 2013
quick delivery.good size ,lightweight-probably a little bright but very jolly-big enough for over-nighting and carrying lots of stuff for our weird weather
on 10 June 2013
I have several of these bags, the most recent is the Very Berry colour. Just gorgeous and right for summer. I cannot fault
this bag and have been using them for some time, nearly five years more or less. Highly recommended for everyday use,
including office, shopping, travelling etc.etc. The pockets on the front are just the right size for glasses!
A very valuable addition to your handbag wardrobe.