on 7 March 2017
Not as good as the original -- does not hold it charge as well
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 January 2018
Very satisfied with the speedy response and delivery of the Flip battery. I thought it was a bit too expensive for what it is though..
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 February 2010
I bought this to make sure I always had charged batteries ready for use and after a week playing around with my new Flip the pack is still full of life. Use this is your main power source and just keep a couple of AAs handy when you are recharging or don't have a PC handy.
on 28 May 2010
I have had endless trouble with this battery pack and apparently so have many other people. I have tried all the suggestions I can find, including peeling the plastic from the bottom. I also contacted customer support which was useless. It still does not work. I now use ordinary rechargeable batteries.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 December 2010
Please note that this item is not for Flip HD Ultra 3rd Generation (Image stabilisation), as the battery pack needed is completely different. Please note that I cannot give this item a proper star rating as it the wrong item, however, I felt it necessary to highlight this as it was down as an accessory for the 3rd Gen Flip.
on 2 November 2010
Yet another great doodad from Flip.

I love the Flip video camera and everything to go with it. When I purchased it Amazon recommended that I bought this too, and I did.

It cost the equivalent of 8 AA batteries and it will last a great deal longer than the life of 8 AA batteries. Aside from the batteries going to landfill issue, which would make me want to buy it anyway, I think that is good, hard headed reason to buy it.

It recharges through the USB being attached to your computer. It takes around 6 hours or so to do a full recharge from empty. Oh yes, it also activates a neon light on the Flip camera that tells you how much life it has.

It is great and I recommend it.
on 7 January 2011
this battery pack will not fit the 3rd generation camera, which takes 3 batteries not 2, an obvious error that should already have been rectified in the Amazon adverts. By the time you have unwrapped the thing and disposed of the packaging, its too much hassle to return the thing....be warned
on 22 March 2011
I'm not going to lie, I needed a new battery for my camera because I left it outside and it rained, hard. I couldn't use my camera for more than 2 minutes without it running out of battery and turning off, it didn't matter how long I charged it for, it just wouldn't work. So I thought I'd buy a new one and if im honest I didn't think it would work, but it did! I haven't had a problem with my camera since, it came in a matter of days and I was completely satisfied with this product.
on 7 February 2010
This works OK with my Flip Ultra 2. My one criticism is that the leaflet accompanying the pack makes no mention of the fact that it comes with a plastic cover over the base and cannot be used until that is cut off.
on 21 October 2010
I read about the problems with this product but its been great so far and certainly better than worrying about normal batteries.