on 9 February 2016
I suffer from pulsatile tinnitus and bought this so I could play masking sounds to help me sleep. I downloaded some fan and air-conditioning noise from the internet (they seem to work best to mask my kind of tinnitus). The speaker has a long enough cord that you can sit your MP3 player on your bedside table and have the speaker under your pillow.

I find the speaker nice and flat so I don't feel it under my pillow. The sound if perfectly sufficient for my purposes-in fact it's quite loud so I turn the volume of my MP3 player down. I think it would work well for people needing some relaxing or meditation music to help them sleep.

It's small enough to pack to take on holidays and I never travel without it now as I never know when my tinnitus is going to flare up badly.
on 11 July 2017
I bought one for me and one for my son, we both like to listen to music while we sleep, i find earphones uncomfortable to sleep with, so this was a great alternative. I can listen to my relaxation music without disturbing anyone. I have a memory foam pillow even with my mp3 volume on 8/9 i can still hear it clearly, my son has a micro fibre pillow and he can hear it with no problems. Great gadget, cheap price, and it does exactly what it says it will.
on 21 December 2017
I see some folks have commented about the audio quality of this device. True Audiophiles, this is not for you. :-)

However, for a bit of late-night radio listening this is just fine. Build-quality looks good/robust. Sound level and quality is perfectly adequate. Can't comment on long-term durability, but at under £3.50 including postage it only needs to last 20% as long as the 'market leading' device to represent good value. It's also much thinner than some others and so much for comfortable. Seems very well designed. To be honest I was not expecting much at this price but I'm impressed.
on 3 January 2016
Bought this to replace the bulky speaker that came with my pillow and it is amazing. I play nature sounds while trying to fall asleep at night and occasionally relaxation sessions on mp3, both from my phone. When placed under the pillow, I can't feel it at all though of course that depends on the type of pillow you use. I can hear it clearly even when not directly above it, but my partner next to me doesn't hear it at all, so it won't disturb him. While playing via my phone, I use a sleep timer to automatically turn off after an hour - available for free in the app store, probably for all mobile operating systems. Would definitely recommend this!
on 24 December 2014
Really well made and solid speaker Good cable sleeve where cable enters the speaker (this is often where the cable connection fails on most pillow speakers. Cable is also a good thickness and flexibility and is less likely to crack like on my previous speakers. Good sound quality too.

I was pleased it did not have volume control as I use the volume control at source. Very clear at low and high volumes

Easily the best under pillow speaker I have had in the last 30 years. Would recommend.
on 15 December 2015
By nature this product is supposed to be quiet but I think perhaps it is too quiet for my needs. I have been using it to fall asleep watching TV shows rather than ambient noises like rain so it may well be more suitable for those instances.

It becomes a lot louder if you put it between the top of the pillow and your head but as you would imagine it is quite uncomfortable to have your head on an almost coaster sized piece of plastic.

The cable is very long and feels quite sturdy. After 6 weeks or so of use it does not have any signs of wear and tear and I am confident it will last into the future.

I would buy it again solely based on the price rather than paying £20 for an equivalent perhaps with more features.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 May 2014
I bought this so that I can watch movies on my iPad during bouts of insomnia, I did use earphones but this caused sore ears and often i awoke with the lead tangled around my neck.
The price seemed too good to be true but after reading the reviews regarding this item, I took a chance with it.
This speaker is absolutely perfect for the job it is not too thick to be placed under a pillow and the item its self seems to be very well made and sturdy.
The down side is the volume was a little low as it was, but I drilled several holes on the top of the unit and this has made the volume much louder.
An absolutely fantastic purchase at an absolutely fantastic price.
You cant go wrong!
on 1 March 2018
This is brilliant. Volume is good (people must have concrete pillows if they can’t hear this) and a lovely long flexible lead. I listen to audiobooks to drop off to sleep every night and this is just perfect. I can’t comment on it’s suitability for music because I haven’t tried it for that. For my needs it ticks every box.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 May 2017
I love this product. I listen a lot to audio books in bed and was at constant risk of strangling myself with the earphones! This is easy to position, very clear and does not disturb my husband. The only thing I would say is that the top pillow does need to be quite thin to be able to hear it. Great value!
on 4 June 2017
I have bought a load of these. One for travel, one for spare and one for everyday use. Absolutely brilliant. You can lull yourself to sleep without disturbing anyone else. I have now come to rely on it and can't sleep without it!