Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 29 September 2017
says it all in the title, don't take a painkiller, watch this instead
on 3 September 2010
We were both big fans of Peter Kay, especially after seeing his "Bolton Albert Halls" DVD but became disappointed with his follow ups. When he brought out the Manchester Arena DVD, we felt ripped off because the content was more or less identical to the Bolton DVD. When he started with the 'Geraldine' thing, we really switched off! Please don't think that we're slagging him off, he's a good comedian, he's got hordes of fans and it's just our personal opinion. Dave Spikey is a very similar type of comedian but we think he really is funnier than Peter Kay! Bold statement? - just watch his DVD's and judge for yourselves - you won't be disappointed.
The first DVD we bought was his 'Overnight Success Tour' and it's absolutely hilarious. It still has us in fits of giggles even after seeing it several times!
We then purchased "Living The Dream" and this one - "The Best Medicine Tour". We watched Living The Dream first and it was funny but somehow didn't manage to reach the same height as the Overnight Success Tour. This DVD however is a true return to form and it really is hilarious. We loved every one of the 90 minutes plus of pure everyday life comedy told in the most honest, down to earth and most funny way.
Buy this DVD while you can, you won't regret it - well worth adding to your collection!
on 29 September 2013
This DVD will have you in absolute stitches throughout, in particular there are a couple of routines based on Dave's previous career as a lab technician in a hospital, one about a dizzy female colleague of his and her many funny antics which won't fail to make anyone laugh, and another one about the top three clerical mistakes his colleagues made on important medical notes, which I realise doesn't all that great when I write it like that, but it is the funniest thing I have ever heard, so funny in fact that I laughed so hard I actually stopped breathing for a short time and thought I was going to literally die laughing. This DVD was so funny I watched it three time on the same bank holiday weekend (for the benefit of different friends each time) and still laughed harder on the third viewing of this DVD than I normally do on the first viewings of most stand-up DVDs. Dave is best known for being the compere, Jerry St. Clair, in the sitcom Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, which is also a great show, but don't allow yourself to think that Dave's material is all 'garlic bread' and the like purely because of his association with Kay, he's actually much much funnier and more original than that. Dave also has two more DVDs, available on this site, which are also hilarious.
on 15 October 2010
I really enjoyed "Overnight Success". "Living the Dream" I could take or leave but I've enjoyed Dave whenever he's been on TV so at £3.99 I had no hesitation buying this.

It's not a terrible DVD - there are much worse comedians out there - but, after some good laughs at the start, this DVD tailed off really disappointingly. After about an hour, I hadn't laughed for 20 minutes so I turned off.

The problem for me was the material. A few of the gags were on the previous DVD. Others were predictable. The worst reminded me of Chubby Brown. Dave's stories of his hospital days were a bit boring. It was when he started moaning about paperwork and "political correctness" that I turned off - TELL US SOME JOKES, DAVE!

Like I say, it's not a terrible DVD. Dave's very personable, it's just the material that let him down, I think he ran out of good stuff on the first DVD.
on 16 July 2011
I was really disappointed with this DVD. After seeing Dave Spikey on various shows on tele i found him really funny so decided to get this for my husband for xmas. Sadly it was a let down, didn't really make us laugh and was just not what i had expected at all.
on 30 January 2010
Best Medicine tour took a while to come out, I saw the show live twice and this is a great recap of an excellent tour. Mr Spikey is on fine form throughout and his humour never fails to impress me.
A few recycled bits from his other shows but not enough to bother me.

It's a shame clearance wasn't forthcoming or granted for the encore of the live show - fantastic p--- take of some famous songs with terrible lyrics. My memory of that will have to be enough.

Certainly worth watching and catching Dave on tour when he next does one.
on 28 July 2010
I first became aware of Dave Spikey through Phoenix nights and 8 out of 10 cats.

This performance takes a little while to get going but is very funny once it does, recommended!
on 7 February 2014
Dave spikey is brilliant. You can picture what he says and his humour is orginal. Some of the other comedians material is similar to one anothers but spikey has imagination.
on 27 June 2012
If you like Dave Spikey, you'll love this. This is the second Dave Spikey DVD I have seen and I laughed all the way through.
on 3 December 2011
DVD came quickly and was as expected - Did not view it myself as was a present for another so not able to comment on content