on 10 October 2009
I'm not sure what the previous reviewer is talking about in his/her unfavourable comparisons with the Slanket - it is EXACTLY the same design: both are blankets with built in sleeves and neither is a "full robe" (though it is possible to wear either back to front like a robe if so desired); they are both equally long (the dimensions are almost identical) and they both have the so-called "cowl" at the neck. The only real difference is the pocket on the front of the Snug Rug - oh, and the fact that it is around a tenner cheaper. My mum has the Snug Rug Lite and I ended up buying the Slanket based on reviews but the price difference really isn't worth it.
on 20 November 2009
Excellent to use and very cheap compared to some others on the market.I had fancied a slanket but was concerned I would have to take it off everytime I wanted to move anywhere (like a sleeping bag) and the measurements suggested I would have too much extra material . This snug rug is virtually a large soft throw with sleeves and because it wraps around no buttons or zip and can be worn either way is much safer, as I am only 4ft 10ins I did cut the hem off (to use as a belt) and re hemmed it(it is still long enough to drape around and cover my legs and feet) so now I can pull it up a little when I go to make a brew and am still warm. When my grandson comes down and wants to snuggle on the couch it fits us both under it and one has the sleeves the other wraps up in it. He now wants one for xmas so it looks like I will be buying another.
on 28 November 2009
This is so lovely,snug and warm. Great idea having pockets, never lose the remote again. So impressed bought one for my Mum's birthday and she loves hers too!
on 27 December 2009
Dissapointed.
I bought this snug-rug, not realising how inferior the 'lite' version is compared to the fantastic 'deluxe' snug-rug. I bought the 'deluxe' one and it is super soft and cosy warm, this one, on the other hand, is thin, crackles with static and is a very poor addition to the snug-rug range.
Very dissapointed, wish i had paid the few pounds extra and got the far superior 'deluxe' one.
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2009
I had this for one of my Christmas presents and would almost go as far as to say its the best present I got. Our house is old and draughty and even with the fire going in the living room it can still be quite chilly. This is brill, you sort of wear it like a backwards coat and wrap the rest of the blanket around you, there is even a handy pocket. You have large arm holes so you can still use a laptop, the phone play on a game comsole etc without getting cold having to take your arms out of the warm. The blanket itself is huge and made of fairly thick soft fleece. It can be used at home, out camping (handy for me as we go camping quite a bit in the summer) in the car or travelling anywhere. Cannot recommend this enough for any of you chilly mortals out there like me!
on 31 December 2009
This item is fabulous - does exactly what it says on the tin. It is a huge blanket with sleeves - no more sneaking your arm out of the side of a blanket for the remote control. I even managed to wear it like a coat so it DID keep my back warm - although I did find myself wandering around the house like Dumbeldore from Harry Potter! It's warm and cosy and large enough to cover your feet and legs even when I'm sat in the chair with my feet on a buffet. I specifically added this item to my wish list as it was the largest size - there are others (sometimes cheaper) on the market which are much smaller but as a larger size lady this is fantastic.
on 30 November 2009
I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with this item. The image shows something that looks like it is worn like a poncho, but on reciept of the Snug Rug it was clear that what I had bought was nothing more than a large fleece blanket with sleeves sewn into it. The fabric is light-weight but deceptively warm, however if you are like me who suffers the cold in your back, then this won't help. The Snug Rug is designed to be worn while lying on your back, or sitting up in a chair. You place your arms through the sleeves to hold the blanket onto you. There is nothing to fasten the Snug Rug around your back. The sleeves allow the wearer to retain the use of arms to read, eat, drink etc while still benefiting from the blanket around the arms and wrists. Unfortunately that is about as far as practicality goes with this item. Not only are you at risk of being mistaken for a medieval monk while wearing it, you are also at risk of doing yourself a mischief should you try to walk around while wearing the Snug Rug. The Snug Rug is big enough to cover a standard size double bed, so it is of suitable size for keeping your toes warm as well as your legs and upper body, however you do need to be something of a contortionist if you are hoping that your back will benefit from it. I struggled magnificently as I tried to tuck it in around myself on my own. I had just got comfortable when my bladder decided it had an emergency appointment with the bathroom, so of course I had to take the whole thing off so as not to break my neck on the excess material in my mad dash to the toilet. In my opinion, the Snug Rug is like wearing an oversized bathrobe back-to-front. Yes it is warm an comfortable, but not very practical unless you plan to sit down or lay on your back for long periods at a time.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2010
Absolutely ideal item for anyone who sits watching TV complaining its cold when the heating is on max!! I bought one for my sister in law and she has never stopped using it since christmas. There is even a pocket on the front for the remote control to sit in then you don't loose it!!!! Brought great amusement!
on 19 January 2010
I bought this for my mother who feels the cold. In the recent snow this proved a lifesaver as mum wore it extensively; she said it was very warm and light and kept any draft away. She even wore it in bed! on top of the duvet. Also, being fleece it is easy to clean too. I would recommend this to anyone interested in keeping warm. I'm six feet tall and when I tried it on (it fitted) and it almost went my full body length when I stood up.
on 27 November 2009
Quite simply, I should of purchased the more expensive one, this is fairly thin 'light' fleecy material, it's warm, but not exactly super soft and luxurious. Shell out a bit more for the proper deluxe one and I think it would be worth the extra. Still, does the job and keeping the mrs warm, even if she does complain it's not as soft as her dressing gown - no pleasing some!