Format: DVD|Change
Price:£5.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 26 April 2010
The main problem with this History Channel Product is that it has been released as a 3 DVD Box set, a 6 DVD Box set and the original 8 DVD Box Set!
The original 8 DVD Set consisted of 9 45 minute episodes, making a total time of 405 minutes. Unfortunately the 6 and 3 DVD 'Versions' have not been compacted as a result of advances in technology (!) but simply omit 2 and 5 Episodes respectively! To further complicate matters, the 3 DVD issue contains one of the 2 Episodes omitted by the 6 DVD issue, but not the other! The manufacturers could not have made it more illogical or complicated if they had tried! It is therefore pointless buying both as you will end up with doublicated Episodes and one missing! I tried to acquire the full 9 Episodes this way and ended up returning both Box Sets when I discovered the discrepancy!
To make matters worse, the original 8 DVD version is now rather difficult to find and, if you do find it, it is at least twice the price of the 6 DVD one!
I have watched some episodes on the History Channel a few years ago and, to the best of my recollection, they were quite good. However, the above mentioned presentation problems, together with the inexcusable reluctance of manufacturers such as this to include 2 - 3 episodes per DVD (thus cutting down the number of DVDs used as well as the bulk and the associated costs) force me to rate this product with no more than 2 stars. The complete package could have been presented in a compact 3 DVD Set.
on 25 August 2010
I bought this box set having bought WWW2 dvds including an amazing 3 dvd set of the war in the Pacific, in colour. The Vietnam box set was a big disappointment in comparison. There is a lot of computor generated footage of what was supposed to have taken place, and to me it comes over as flat and dull, and does not involve me in any way. I don't know if the compilers of these dvds were short on contemporary footage, or wanted to save money, or genuinely thought that it would help viewers understand the inevitably chaotic battle scenes. I have seen much better Vietnam war documentaries on history channels, with real footage shot during battle.

The 'music' sound track is quite simply appalling on these dvds and hugely annoying. Again, the 'music' track is done on a synthesizer and in no way enhances even the genuine battle footage and commentary.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but as you can tell, I found the set dull, uninformative, and not good value. I therefore feel unable to recommend it to any one else. One give away is that with the WWW2 Pacific discs, I have watched them over again and will do so again. I won't be doing that with that with this set.
on 5 April 2015
Don't waste your money on this American biased jingoistic rubbish
on 24 April 2013
I have learned am lot about the background of the Vietnam War. It was a fascinating account of what went on and the atrocities committed by both sides.
on 26 May 2014
A poor mish-mash of disconnected, poorly edited items from various unrelated sources
giving no sense of history, continuity or perspective
on 9 July 2014
This is my husbands choice , as he enjoys history especially war ,as far as I know he is very happy with it . my thanks to the seller .
on 18 February 2015
Communism does not work, although capitalism is not great either. Lesser of two evils being fought for here.
on 1 June 2015