on 12 January 2010
I always loved countdown and used to do it whilst watching TV, The Wii version is very good and even tells you if the word is in the dictionary. The only problem I had was the time it took putting the letters in the grid using the remote I sometimes hadn't finished moving the letters. The numbers game was the main problem as you have to insert the numbers into a grid and even though you may have worked it out in your head you don't always have time to put the numbers in the grid. In training you can adjust the time so that you have more than the 30seconds and I think it would be good if you could do this when playing the normal game. I am sure I will get a lot of use out of the game and maybe I will get quicker with more practice. I am an OAP after all!!
on 18 March 2011
great family type game but you will have to think a lot to be successfull !! you have a lot of different options on how long you want to "solve " the word and number puzzles anything from 30 seconds to unlimited time (which is ok but if you have a husband like mine who likes to take his time a game can last a minimum of 1/2 hour!!!) fun for all ages
on 12 April 2010
I was hoping for a little more from this game. OK, the format is simple, but it's just all done against a blue background, and it's very very dull.

If you're a huge fan of countdown, then it might be worth a punt I suppose, but after one play I think this is destined to be left on the shelf indefinitely!
on 21 March 2012
Good game well priced, just the maths part of the game takes some getting used to, playing the machine is not as hard as you first think. Better playin against someone.
Graham.
on 12 May 2013
Bought this for my husband for christmas as he likes the tv programe so much.My daughter loves ot to.For any rainy afternoon it passes many a bored hour for all the family!
on 10 August 2013
love this game really good choice so pleased with this purchase thankyou also its a great way of learning people who ( has spelling difficulties ) how to spell exellent
on 24 August 2012
It's a good game but sadly the ending credits don't come and it's spoilt by the size of the numbers symbols on the numbers game. Apart from that, it's a good product.
on 16 February 2014
I Love It Because I Like the Countdown Clock and the Numbers Round but I am stuck on conundrums.

Thanks
on 30 December 2010
I got this for the family to play at Christmas. Its basically the same format as the TV show but has some major flaws - Firstly, the dictionary used appears to come from another planet as it appears to be stuffed full of made-up words yet does not accept perfectly correct every day words. What would Susie Dent say?!
When playing the numbers round its hard to actually enter the answer in the boxes in the alloted time and the connundrum round is hard as its also difficult to work out the answer and enter it in 30 sec - the real life players only have to say the answer. On the whole its ok entertainment but the dictionary really does need a lot of work
VINE VOICEon 19 March 2010
I wasn't expecting bells and whistles but I've played free flash game versions of countdown games and they had more pizzazz than this. While the game concept stays on intact, the entire game is a blue screen. You pick your letters and then use the wii remote to drag your letters across - when it works. You can just click on the letters which is easier but you'll be hard pressed to get everything done in 60 seconds letalone 30. Thankfully you can adjust the timer to suit how you want to play and have unlimited time if needed.

The biggest flaw though is that in just one 15 round game we've had three words that are real and correctly spelt pop up and say they aren't in the dictionary. "Orion" was one, I can't remember the rest. That'd be ok if it then doesnt reel off a list of words you've never heard before as possible completions.

As a family, we found the game fiddly, frustration and very, very blue. We played one round, got annoyed with it and then put on Smartypants instead.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse