on 27 June 2011
did not realise this was a short story, i was totally fed up up when it came to an end abruptly, actually felt cheated after taking the time to read it. i would say don't go near this one, which is a shame really because it does have potential.
on 20 May 2013
This is the third (I think) of Mr Kilborn's books I've read and none have disappointed yet. The writing style is easy-going and the action doesn't flag. He seems to come up with new ways of performing strange activities (I'm trying not to give the plot away here). Yes they're often weird, sometimes sick, but some of us are (hopefully) going to take it as a story and not try to re-enact it! This particular story weaves several of his other characters together and after the end of the story points you to the next book for each one. Liked it a lot.
on 20 April 2011
I didn't expect it to be so short, was mightily disappointed! it doesn't say it's a 'short' short, or not that I can see, and the story ended in a rush. It's not worth the money, especially when there's such great 'full' novels out there, for nothing and less! Wouldn't waste your time.
on 26 August 2013
I enjoyed the plot, two psycho's coming together after a chance meeting in a truck stop. It was only let down by the fact that it is far too short and therefore a little rushed in places. This could have made a great full length novel and been more in-depth. I would call it a taster of things to come.
on 3 April 2013
This book could have been a whole lot better. In my opinion, the ideas are good but the follow through was implausible; the plot did not really hang together and the ending was unsatisfactory. However, for me it was an interesting read.
on 4 April 2013
Love this book even though it's short! I've loved every book I've read by this author! The Jack Daniels Series are great books and I find them difficult to put down once I start reading! I've also thoroughly enjoyed the technothriller and
terror books! They are pretty scary though!
on 20 July 2013
Despite my rating, I think the book is well written. Personally I found the violence against the women gratuitous and creepy. In particular, it bothered me that the authors seemed way to involved in writing loathsome things to inflict and to have spent too little time on plot and character development. I'm just sayin'.
on 28 March 2011
A cracking little story, shame its only 15000 words long but ideal if you want to dip your toe into this writers work.
I will certainly be downloading more stories by him, there's no denying he can write a good stroy that keeps you interested.
Recommended.
on 15 March 2013
This is a good book if you like thrillers. It may be short but it's very interesting and gets you on the edge of your seat. I can recommend it to anyone who likes a good thriller.
on 22 August 2013
This is an edge of the seat page-turner but star score has been reduced because it features pretty horrific violence.