Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 2 November 2017
You either like it or you don't.. And I do every now and then. Lovely cheer you up music, even the elderly residents at work enjoy singing along
on 28 April 2017
Needed one particular track, but enjoyed the whole CD
on 18 July 2017
Great cd. Love it
on 19 May 2017
excellent
on 10 November 2017
some good songs
on 5 March 2017
Excellent CD. All my favourite songs on it.
on 15 November 2015
A great cd with all the old favourites.
on 10 November 2014
Love this
on 12 July 2015
I am not sure this is the best of Chas & Dave and I am a disappointed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 March 2013
This is a really good collection of songs, together with a very informative set of sleeve notes. They're not all classics perhaps, but none of them will have you wanting to unplug your CD player at the mains and then rushing off to rinse your ears out.

This was one of my ex-wife's very favourite CDs and she used to play it incessantly. When I think about it now, I can't help feeling that she really must have been giving me one or two hidden messages in the tracks that she chose to play, because they didn't all get an airing at 80 decibels. 'Mustn't Grumble' for instance, she never played that one. Well, why should she have, since it doesn't appear to agree with any of her philosophies. 'Rabbit', surprisingly, didn't get played at all either. Too close to home that one, I'm guessing. Which would probably explain a serious lack of any 'Ain't No Pleasing You' as well.

'Bored Stiff', now that one got about a bit. That one always got turned up a bit louder too, just for dramatic effect. I used to say to her, if you're bored, there's always that pile of ironing over there... 'Wallop!', that's what she used to say. 'Beer Belly' was a bit below the belt. Or over the belt I suppose, which is doubtless what she was trying to get at. Still, you know what they say though about sticks and stones.

The most chilling song she used to go for, from my point of view, was 'The Sideboard Song'. A nice little song about getting a beer from that sideboard and then watching the wife do all the work, you might think... Oh no. She was hinting at a far more sinister use for that sideboard. And she was hinting at me doing a lot more than simply enjoying a swift one and then putting my feet up. I would have liked to have played 'Stop Dreaming' at that point and to then have floored my Nissan Micra all the way to 'Margate' but, sadly, it never seemed to come to pass. And on that subject, do you know how many times I had to suffer the ignominy of listening to 'Poor Old Mr Woogie' straight after putting tremendous strain on that sideboard? Someone always used to take my boogie away you see. I never was much good under pressure. Do you think it might have been the beer...?