VINE VOICEon 2 January 2010
I don't suppose there could be anyone unfamiliar with Thomas The tank engine, but there are probably some who may not be aware that since the days of Ringo Stars narratives, Thomas has moved on and the stories have gained new engines, and a lovely island paradise for steam train story lovers.

This tale sees Thomas at work with his friends on Sodor, whereupon he finds a new engine, Hiro whom Thomas decides to help return to his former glory, from his distant, deserted siding.

My 2 year old absolutely loves this film, it has lots of excitement, colour and depth that allows all ages to sit through a fast paced hour of entertainment. Thomas and the other engines gain full mobility thanks to the CGI effects, which, for this film, have replaced the models of the channel 5 series. And for me, that is the problem. It left me rather cold, wishing to see the sway and clatter of model trains chuffing around the model island. It hasn't really bothered my daughter, but for me, it has lost a lot of its charm...... but I guess it's not really aimed at a 42 year old...
on 16 February 2018
Thank you a speedy delivery! My 3 year old niece loved it and the DVD played without any interruptions.
on 29 December 2009
I bought this as a christmas present for my twin boys who are 1 1/2 and I am really glad I did. The new animation is brilliant and I was worried that the thomas I remember would be ruined but it has really updated a classic. This story is an hour long and will keep them watching all the way through, The story itself is about hiro who is an abandoned engine who thomas finds and then helps fix him.There are a couple of extras but they are not really worth watching one of them being a song. This dvd is worth buying for any thomas fan and they will watch it again and again.
10 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2018
grandson loves it keeps watching
on 14 November 2017
Kids loved it, good film for them to watch
on 4 January 2011
My 3 year old son LOVES the new "talking Thomas" and was delighted with his new Christmas DVDs. We also got him "Misty Island Rescue" but he likes "Hero of the Rails" the best. He recites bits of the film over and over when he is playing with his trains and is already begging me to buy him a Hiro train. My elderly father was with us on Christmas day and he loved the film too! He thought it was a great storyline and we could hardly tear him away from the film to eat his brussel sprouts.
on 30 January 2015
Excellent! DVDs in great condition one very happy mummy and little boy they look brand new! Would use this seller again thank you😀
2 people found this helpful
on 16 October 2016
Great movie kept my son glued to the tv
on 28 October 2016
DVD would not play, seller said it was in good condition, kept freezing and jumping. My son was disappointed.
on 14 December 2009
Hiro is the Hero of this new adventure. Overall the story is average, but the new character, Hiro, has personality and is really likable. Plus Thomas who sets off to help Hiro, and Percy, Victor and Kevin as Thomas' willing assistants all against Spencer, the "villain", and you have the recipe of a feel good movie (mainly) for boys.

Simplistic for adults, but little boys, like my son, will probably love it. Parents beware: after your little treasure watches the movie, Hiro might climb to the top of the wish list for Christmas.